GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speaker issues

Car(s)
2009 mkv gti
I have a 2009 mkv GTI and my front passenger side door speakers aren't working at all. I've tried replacing the speakers with stock ones, I've tried replacing the crossover , and I've tried replacing the wiring harness , all with no success , is there a fuse somewhere that I don't know about that might be causing this issue ? My old speakers before I replaced them made a high pitch screetch especially when I powered the deck on and off. But the new ones make no noise , perhaps the deck is bad ? Is there a fuse on the back of the deck ? I can't seem to figure it out and I'm going crazy, any help would be great thank you

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
If you have a aftermarket deck check the settings.
My rear speakers weren't working, i looked through the settings and bluetooth was "FRONT ONLY", i disabled that and it worked.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
So you replaced harness in door for speakers? Does this car have an Amp?

If you have Vcds you may want to do a scan.

Last edited:

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
Yes I replaced the harness and the crossover. Still nothing.. if it does have an amp I have no idea wHere it would be located. I don't have Vcds neither ...

The amp is under the front passenger's seat. You might be able to find someone here, in your area, that has a vcds cable and is willing to do a scan for you, try looking in the area forums.

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
It could be the wiring harness between the speaker and the back of the deck where it passes through the door has broken somewhere. I saw this on a few cars when I worked in the audio industry.

You can test the speakers themselves with a AA battery with the door card off, find a way to connect the wires to +/- on the batt. You should hear a small pop if you hear a pop everything from the wire you used on is fine.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
The amp is under the front passenger's seat. You might be able to find someone here, in your area, that has a vcds cable and is willing to do a scan for you, try looking in the area forums.

Drivers side for Amp. Which reminds me I need to get a new cover

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
You can test the speakers themselves with a AA battery with the door card off, find a way to connect the wires to +/- on the batt. You should hear a small pop if you hear a pop everything from the wire you used on is fine.

And work your way back to HU