GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project ultimate daily. Build #2

larcic

Ready to race!
I'd be somewhat interested if u decide to sell it. depending on how close it is to blue bok value haha

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yep, what Sabretooth said. A daily is not supposed to be an almost race car lmao. That's one of the reasons I bought my Mazda 3...so the temptation to modify it wasn't there. As it is, it has lightweight wheels (they were free), tinted windows, a AEM dry flow drop in filter, and LED interior/license plate/soon to be headlights. But that's "stock" when you look at the GTI lol.

Mk7 Golf would be requiring premium as it'd be tuned, then I'd have to get a clutch, etc.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Don't sell this! You've put so much work into it and finally got it all sorted. I guess I understand what other people are saying about your daily being 'vanilla' and not mod-worthy so you can focus on putting money/effort/time toward the racecar, but come on. And don't you already have a truck??

JerryLtowIt

Passed Driver's Ed
It's cool that your wife is into the car thing as well. That's got to make things easier. (what do you feed her??) hahahaha I need some of that magic over here.... She's there hands on and when you say "I'm picking this up for $200" she doesn't just see the money walking out of the bank account, like wifey over here... Hahahaha

Seeing all the pics got me looking out the window at my car. The Porsche brakes are sicc!!!

Put the phone down and drive!!

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Don't sell this! You've put so much work into it and finally got it all sorted. I guess I understand what other people are saying about your daily being 'vanilla' and not mod-worthy so you can focus on putting money/effort/time toward the racecar, but come on. And don't you already have a truck??

A dedicated race car isn't cheap to run though either. Consumables, things breaking, the events themselves, insurance, etc.

What Carson has done to the DD MkV should make it reliable, but if it were to break down on him again, now he's investing money into it rather than his actual race car/whatever else.

Personally Carson, if you do end up deciding to get rid of the DD MkV, I'd say part it out and get it as stock as you can.

JCJetta

I will tell you that being in the accounting industry and having an inherent tightwadedness do not always go hand-in-hand with being a car enthusiast.

Indeed, picking up my current 9 year old modded GTI was for me an internal compromise. I was dead-seat on ordering a 2017 Mustang with my Ford connections. Of course life and fate took me down a different course, and replacing my wife's Escape after someone decided to total it certainly came into consideration.

But I say keep it. You've sunk considerable time and funds into it. We all know modded cars really don't add value - unless of course you find the perfect enthusiast buyer, and certainly the first place you'd look would be these forums. Keep it, it has significant value to you with your knowledge of its history. The stock Passat would be easier to trade-in, but you don't want to upset your significant other.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Multi quote hasn't worked in a while so here's my attempt lol.

Lilraver- yes I do already have a truck, but it's an 83 built 350 small block, 3 speed monster truck that gets 4mpg... add a trailer and car and I'll get like 1mpg lol.

Saber- Dude it doesn't matter what I own, I've never left a vehicle stock since I could drive. Whatever I own, regardless of what it is I'll modify in some way or another.

G60- you have no idea, a track day for 2 drivers, plus insurance, fuel, etc runs us about $1k every time we go lop.

Jerry- benefits of marrying my best friend. Never planned on getting married to be honest, but when I met her and got to know her, it was too good not to put a ring on it lol.

My wife and i's biggest issue is that we plan on building this one for her 9nce it's paid off so we don't have to share cars anymore. Considering where we've gotten this one to, it wouldn't be all thatUchiha more to get it race ready.

Last edited:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
One more thing to cross off the list! Got the catch can installed, no longer worried about the PCV failing and blowing my rear main. One piece of mind mod at a time.

Edit: Really need to clean both engine bays in a bad way. They are looking dirty as shit.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Super cheap online discount codes. Trt30 and trt40 on our website and instore pickup. I know the feeling though. My starter shit out the other day

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk