GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help With Identifying suspension

ewmin3m

Hello All,

I recently bought a 2008 Rabbit 2 door and I notice that it has been lower and I'm curious to find out what type of suspension setup it has.
The front height is 63cm and the rear is 64cm. Does anybody know the stock heights?

I'm guessing it'd be hard to tell without taking off the wheel and looking at the parts more closely right?

I managed to take pictures of the front and rear through the wheel well (see attached), but I don't know if that'll provide any usefull info just by themselves.

I want to identify the suspension setup because I want to get bigger rims and want to get something that looks good + won't rub anywhere.
Currently looking at a set of 17"x7, 54mm offset 2012 jetta rims and I want to see if they'll fit (see attached).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 373
  • front_suspension.jpg
    front_suspension.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 360
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 283
  • rear_suspension.jpg
    rear_suspension.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 281
  • jetta_17x7_54mm.PNG
    jetta_17x7_54mm.PNG
    500.9 KB · Views: 363

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
You need to take the wheel off. Other than that, suspension looks rough from that picture, I'd consider replacing before wheels. Unless that's always what snow cars look like lol

ewmin3m

Thanks for the tip.

Taking it to the mechanic soon to have them take a general look at it. Might ask if they can take some pictures of the suspension when the wheels are off.

You need to take the wheel off. Other than that, suspension looks rough from that picture, I'd consider replacing before wheels. Unless that's always what snow cars look like lol

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Blue springs, seem low for driver gear (Fenders look a little bacon-y).

Just a guess but ebay, gonna need to see it with the wheel off to be sure.

ewmin3m

Does anybody know the stock ride height though for a 2008 Rabbit? I know there's a table on here with recommended rim size + tire size depending on how much it was lowered... I'm not sure what the stock height is though...