GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 GTI vs. 2011 A5

DANO

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Tonight I finally decided to do a run with my friend. Audi A5 Triptronic with full AWE turboback exhaust with two passengers vs. GTI DSG with magnaflow catback no passengers.. We started out on a left hand turn into a long straight away. By the time we hit the straight away I'm about half a car length behind, after that I started to pull on him and passed him up around 85. Took it to about 105 and he was on my ass. We'll have to do it again with no passengers...

Last edited:

Captain Slow

Banned
Tonight I finally decided to do a run with my friend. Audi A5 Triptronic with full AWE turboback exhaust with two passengers vs. GTI DSG with magnaflow catback no passengers.. We started out on a left hand turn into a long straight away. Both of us messed up on our launch controls but he pulled out first still (duh awd). By the time we hit the straight away I'm about half a car length behind, around 65 I accidentally shifted up then back down again he gained a little, after that I started to pull on him and passed him up around 85. Took it to about 105 and he was on my ass. We'll have to do it again with no passengers..but for now I'm stoked.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI

TSiUG

sleeper...

gonyofam3

Ready to race!
Tonight I finally decided to do a run with my friend. Audi A5 Triptronic with full AWE turboback exhaust with two passengers vs. GTI DSG with magnaflow catback no passengers.. We started out on a left hand turn into a long straight away. By the time we hit the straight away I'm about half a car length behind, after that I started to pull on him and passed him up around 85. Took it to about 105 and he was on my ass. We'll have to do it again with no passengers...

Something is not right here. Was it a 2.0T? Because if it was and even though it has more torque than the GTI its a Tiptronic slush box, and yours is DSG... not to mention it's heavier, than the GTI. Plus he had two passengers.

Andro

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI/DSG
Something is not right here. Was it a 2.0T? Because if it was and even though it has more torque than the GTI its a Tiptronic slush box, and yours is DSG... not to mention it's heavier, than the GTI. Plus he had two passengers.

probably 2.0T, but maybe 3.2? Definitely not S5.

TSiUG

sleeper...

this thread is now gifified with boobies

Shit if I wanted to look at A-cups I would take my shirt off and go look in the mirror.

I demand you fix this....

DANO

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yeah it was the 2.0t. Has 211 hp with 258 tq stock and it weighs 3583lb compared to the gti which is 3151lb