GOLFMKV

2009 STAGE 2 WRX

grasman94

Passed Driver's Ed
Lmao had to share this..

From 2nd gear. Yes, second gear.

i beat him by a car and a half.

raced 2 times, same outcome.

I guess his AWD wasnt on his side that day.

what was best was his comment.

" bro i never thought i would be beaten by a VW, that shit is intense. "

he was a good sport tho haha i told him i liked his exhaust, and was out.

Stage 2 Eurodyne FTW.

** where is a GoPro when you need it -_-

Goodz

Ready to race!
Good Kill, that awd is only useful from a dig from a roll they are just like any other car.

Goodz

Ready to race!
mods on your car?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
All you needed for the win was the tune.
I approached a new, hadn't even received his plates yet, REX today and switched on the gopro before pulling up beside him. Unfortunately I showed my hand too soon as he had tried scaring me off just seconds before pulling up beside him by losing me in a S-curve. He entered with me back some 8 to 10 cars behind and I could tell he was pushing it and by the time we came out I was on his bumper exiting at roughly 70+ mph (I've exited that same S-curve many times before at over 85 mph). So anyway back to when I pulled up beside him....he slowed to 60 mph and he wouldn't even look over, not even after honking to see if he would play again so we could do a 3-honk for the gopro.

What I learned = never show your hand early :thumbsup:

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Owned a 2011 WRX and my 2009 GTI with stage 1 tune was faster. These things are seriously neutered at the factory. The stock tune is turribly lean. Fun car though.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
I'm guessing stage 2 WRX is using a cookie cutter Cobb tune? A pro-tuned stage 2 WRX would be a different story. I've been handed my ass by my cousins '09 WRX when he was stage 2 and I was stage 2 many times. He was making 325whp/360wtq at that time. Now he's around 440whp/440wtq with some decent money into his build, but my point is that the tune makes a big difference.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
I'm guessing stage 2 WRX is using a cookie cutter Cobb tune? A pro-tuned stage 2 WRX would be a different story. I've been handed my ass by my cousins '09 WRX when he was stage 2 and I was stage 2 many times. He was making 325whp/360wtq at that time. Now he's around 440whp/440wtq with some decent money into his build, but my point is that the tune makes a big difference.

Agreed. Even with an email Torqued Performance stage 2 map the WRX was a different car from with the base Cobb stage 2 tune (which are junk).

Stock WRX vs modded GTI though, GTI will win all day.

Car(s)
Subaru
fwiw, i raced a new stage 1 sti with my car a long time ago and it was close. scubies are nice and fast but sounds like you raced a fast and furious troll

Subie2013

Humble yourself
fwiw, i raced a new stage 1 sti with my car a long time ago and it was close. scubies are nice and fast but sounds like you raced a fast and furious troll
Dafuq?

I'd take that sound of a Subi over 90% of cars out right now. Fast and furious troll wtf...

Car(s)
Subaru
Dafuq?

I'd take that sound of a Subi over 90% of cars out right now. Fast and furious troll wtf...

and a subi sounds like a wet fart 90% of the time but thats not what i was saying at first

Subie2013

Humble yourself

and a subi sounds like a wet fart 90% of the time but thats not what i was saying at first
Not even a troll, that's kids these days.

And you're entitled to your own opinion. But it's wrong and you're stupud.