GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

estevez

Finally got my downpipe in. TSI cbfa and I got an eBay downpipe. Had to modify a thing or two but it came out good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Battery's been hooked to a charger for over 24 hours and the 80% charge light just started flashing. I was just about to unplug it and give up

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
New Dunlop tires and alignment before the huge snow storm!

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
How difficult is a heater core to replace in a Mk5? The joke in the Mk3 community is that they start with a heater core and then build the entire car around it :)

Natalie

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
How difficult is a heater core to replace in a Mk5? The joke in the Mk3 community is that they start with a heater core and then build the entire car around it :)

This is not a "rip your entire dash apart" project. The core can be easily accessed from the drivers side footwell. There are 3 or so pieces to get access to the core. I had just a bentley manual and some erWin documents from a previous DIY job.

I have previously taken apart this section so that didn't take long. I ran into issues trying to remove the old core. It took me about 8hrs over 2 days (by myself) as I had other things going on. I would be confident doing it a second time in less than 5hrs. I would say if you had someone helping you even less time.

It's really not that bad. I have a few pictures in the General Discussion thread but didn't throw a DIY together as I just wanted to get this done so I could go to work tomorrow :) Let me know if you have other questions!

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Well good to know they improved upon that design in more recent years. Glad you got it knocked out! And ya didn't even have to pay someone else...feels good, doesn't it.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I was hoping my shift knob would come in the mail...it didn't. Been too cold to paint, or I would have some wheels going on. Sold some parts to buy more parts. I have a pic of my dirty car or the wife's clean mk6, so here you go.