GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 GTI freight train whistling noise at WOT

larcic

Ready to race!
you could change ur filter for a aem dry filter or a neuspeed paper filter and it should reduce the sound a little

larcic

Ready to race!
shouldnt be if its the right size. should 2.75" opening i think.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Come to think of it, I think I might have had that sound even before I installed the intake. My mechanic was pretty convinced that it was the Manzo cat-back that was causing the sound. I may see if I can track down another stock suitcase muffler and see if the noise goes away. Although that's easier said than done I'm finding.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I just ordered an air dam for an MK5 GTI that has two exhaust tip openings, then I'm gonna install my MK6 muffler and see if that makes a difference.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I started my car, let it warm up, then I popped the hood and pulled the dipstick, the car immediately sounded like shit till I pushed the dipstick back in. Does this mean that my PCV valve is working?

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I'm not too concerned with the look being euro spec. I just want to be able to finally use the dual exhaust muffler that I bought.

As long as it bolts on and the holes line up with my muffler tips, then that's all I care about.