GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Broken DV Replaced. (broken dv pics inside)

ar_mike

=D
if i do'nt get CEL, what are some symtoms of having a bad DV?

$67.99 sounds affordable regardless of my DV condition

the only symptom that I could feel were:
1) loss of power (even at mid-throttle at around 3.5k rpm...pretty much the surge of boost that usually comes, it doesn't) lol

2) if you have an intake, the intake sucking-air noise would be amplified. Since mine tore, it was LOUD lol

ar_mike

=D
I have a few friends including myself using the "D" valve and we see no problem at all with it on a FSI:thumbsup:

you guys don't feel a turbo lag till like 4k rpm and then it becomes fine?? That's what most people are feelings right now. When usually the tq comes around 3k rpm....it now comes at 4k rpm. With everyday driving at around 3k-ish rpm, that loss of power in the lower powerband would be a huge disappointment even if it holds boost properly above 4k rpm.

ar_mike

=D
Here's a before and after DV install.

Before (notice how peak TQ and HP is ~190 and ~170 respectively):

After: (notice how peak TQ and HP is now ~225 and ~205 respectively):

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
D valve works fine. gtiTom has had it on for weeks and he has no issues.

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
Okay I thought I'll re-visit this OEM "D" diverter valve thing...

So out of curiousity (actually more interest in reliability) with 40,000km on the clock I have replaced my perfect condition "C" DV with the "D" DV (as the "G" DV is no longer being produced and out of stock as shown on ETKA, superceded by the "D" DV for all 2.0T variants).

I test drove the car for 3 days now on dry tarmac and neither partial throttle nor full throttle could I tell there is a lag feeling on mid RPM range (if anything, the top end seems more punchier than before but that could just be in my head). However my engine is stock (only has a Carbonio intake for ease of engine cover removal because of the Tridon clamps, still using stock paper air filter). So I'm beginning to question if one feels lag at mid RPM range is it due to other mods (i.e. cold air intakes with cone filters). The only difference is that I can no longer hear that faint psssssh sound when I give it a little gas around the parking lot, the new DV is soooo quiet! But I still do not understand how this new design creates a seal without the rubber portion around the rim of the center piece and of a different travel (maybe the old design does not utilize the full travel of the diaphragm?)

ar_mike

=D
hahaha it's too long to read edwin but i trust ya =P. When my "G" dv tears (which it probably won't cause i'm stock lol), i'll replace with "D" =)

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
On a side note, we also found thru Vagcom logging that an aftermarket intake and catback exhaust show no statistical gains compare to stock in terms of performance. So buy a downpipe and chip. :biggrin:

Just to play devil's advocate, I'll point out that VAG-COM's ability to accurately measure these differences is limited. Don't get me wrong... there are better things to spend your money on than intakes and catbacks if you want power (like the downpipe and chip you suggested :thumbsup:), but a good intake will absolutely make gains, and I've got actual before and after dynos (as do many others) to back that up. :wink:

Mithotyn

O'doyle rules
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI 3dr 6MT
6 month bump

FFfffuuuuuuu......

Is there a good place around Vancouver to get a new one of these? I'm going to try the dealership in Vernon, but I expect that a performance shop will probably have them cheaper. Or even ordering it from Ontario or the US would be a possibility I guess. I do need it kind of fast, my car is on my Dad's hoist and he's going to want it off ASAP.

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
Hey mike i have a mint condition "g" rev dv that i'll gladly give to u for free if/when your current one fails, lmk

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I am now using a D valve on a FSI engine. no lag issues like people were saying.

^^ same here...in fact i can feel the car holds boost better...than the G valve...Rev D valve FTW

I still have my old G valve and is still in good condition...if anyone wants it, just let me know...no tears on the rubber or anything.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Was that directed at me, Clem? Thanks! But I got a "D" valve installed at the dealership last week, when they discovered that my "G" valve was defective from the factory, and has never worked properly. :frown: