GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV wheel/tire fitment guide

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Ok, since there is a thread on here at least once a week (plus the tire thread also) about people asking for different combinations of wheel/tire fitments, I spent a few hours putting this chart together. If the mods want to make it a sticky or add it to the FAQ, I'm sure it would help out some people.

Couple points:

Everything you see below is a fairly conservative setup... But with that said, if you have four people and luggage in the car, don't come crying back to here when it rubs.

The tire sizes I have highlighted in yellow are fitments that will rub more often, mainly because there is no such thing as a 205/35R19 tire, which is what would be ideal.

If your offset isn't listed (34 or less) it's because it's not recommended (it was a stretch to even do 35 - 39), not because it won't "work". I haven't included any staggered setups for the same reason... Plus there are just too many variables.

F1fletch

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Rabbit GTI
Now we need example wheels by by brand and model in each catergory....lol

This is incredible information and helps a lot!!

Thanks so much

rafroof_29

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI coupe
Is it the tyres or the suspensions?

hello guys,

Just bought a GTI, i bought it like this, just like its shown in the pic. It has 235/35ZR19 91 Falken as rear tyres
225/35ZR19 88Y Toyo as front tyres

It also has a H&R suspensions but i dont really know by how much it is lowered. All i know is that its pretty low! The suspensions are already calibrated on its max heignt, therefore no room to raise the car abit.

My problem is when speeding on a turn, the bumpers rub on the tyres. Also on straight line, when speeding on a slightly bumpy road, rubbing also occurs. even if its only me in the car. So imagine how it is when there is someone in the back seat!

Any solutions? :smile:

EL PAALO

FWD FTL
hello guys,

Just bought a GTI, i bought it like this, just like its shown in the pic. It has 235/35ZR19 91 Falken as rear tyres
225/35ZR19 88Y Toyo as front tyres

It also has a H&R suspensions but i dont really know by how much it is lowered. All i know is that its pretty low! The suspensions are already calibrated on its max heignt, therefore no room to raise the car abit.

My problem is when speeding on a turn, the bumpers rub on the tyres. Also on straight line, when speeding on a slightly bumpy road, rubbing also occurs. even if its only me in the car. So imagine how it is when there is someone in the back seat!

Any solutions? :smile:

Get wheels that fit correctly. ;)

RRR, no race setups? :p
245/40 17 hoosiers fit just fine on the stock denvers at stock height if you don't mind a little rubbing on dips.

nicksicle

rabbit to mkv fitment

just wondering if
OEM rabbit rims:
size 16x6.5
bolt pattern 5x112
offset ET50
rubber 205/55R/16

will fit onto my 08 MKV (i currently have 18" huffs)
i just wanted to use them to beat around in the winter

any spacers required?