GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

need an opinion on a deck

callmeammo

Passed Driver's Ed
ok. so i've been looking around for a while now and i've really just had one deck in mind. it fits most of my criteria but if anybody has any better suggestions. (i prefer double din but single din works too)...come to think of it, cheaper would be good too. hah

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/products/ListProduct.aspx?k1=2&k2=46&k3=173&pr=2376

thats it. its got some stuff i dont need like the g-analyzer which supposidely uses the g forces to rate the cars horsepower and i think they also show a little car on the display the turns when you turn...kinda like a video game i guess. then it also only supports sirius and i have xm but the subscriptions out anyways..

What i really like about this deck is its appearance. Its double-din and blue and red so it wont take away from the cars mystic during the night.

I should be able to get it for about 400 dollars once i get the ipod converter.

i've read that it doesnt support songs downloaded from the itunes music library, but i dont download from there so that souldnt be a problem right?

at the bottom of its specs it says steering remote input...does that mean the steering controls or would that be for the g-force thing i mentioned earlier?
and if they every make something that lets us keep those controls would it be compatable with kenwood?

sorry for such a long post

thanks

Last edited:

mre212

Go Kart Champion
although i dont know about the model. you're looking at, I Got the Kenwood KDC-X590. its single din and it matches the interior light perfect. I have the ipod hookup as well and it plays everything. Both burned songs and songs from itunes. So i dont think it will be a problem