GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Clutch for GTI FSI cars

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
Anyone know if the OEM Clutch VW puts in the Golf R can be dropped into a FSI GTI? Is it stronger then the GTI's?

I'm guessing AWD might make it non compatible but figure i'd ask.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know if the OEM Clutch VW puts in the Golf R can be dropped into a FSI GTI? Is it stronger then the GTI's?

I'm guessing AWD might make it non compatible but figure i'd ask.

Bump, a clutch is a clutch. I would like to know the answer to this as well considering the R has the FSI.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Bumpidy bump, if it works it may be a great oPtion for 2+ and k04 guys. Answers anyone?

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
i would like to know this also,since I heard a lot of bad stories with Southbend clutches and their disk/spring issues

Dont you have a SB? Working well for you? Seems like they are the only real option people run with our cars, sucks there has been issues lately.

VWTiger

I am the Stig
in for answers

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I don't see how an OEM clutch would be a better solution than aftermarket considering the cost.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
I don't see how an OEM clutch would be a better solution than aftermarket considering the cost.

The aftermarket kits are stupid expensive and a fair number of us have had failures. If the factory has a higher rated setup that would bolt in - I'm in.

abacuc

I own an Audi S3 (Golf R is a rebadged S3), and since the engine is a FSI, VAG has chosen to use the same GTI (FSI) clutch. Thus, both for K04, both for awd, the clutch still holds less than on the GTI...:cry:

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
I own an Audi S3 (Golf R is a rebadged S3), and since the engine is a FSI, VAG has chosen to use the same GTI (FSI) clutch. Thus, both for K04, both for awd, the clutch still holds less than on the GTI...:cry:
ahhhhh thats horrible... so same part number...seriously same part?! Ugh...I dont see how VW could make sense of that.