GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rim help

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Hi i will be probably purchasing a rabbit in the upcoming week. I will be buying it with the stock 15" steel wheels and hub caps. I want to get 18x8" rims probably the sport edition s6

Wheel Offset: +48mm
Bolt Pattern: 5-112

will those fit my rabbit and not stick out? i dont know much about rims i just want to make sure i have clearance and that they dont stick out.

thanks!

GTI2007

Those wheels normally should fit your Rabbit perfectly cause those wheels are the same size as the Khartoum wheels from VW and they fit the Rabbit perfectly (according to VW Features)

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
ok cool thanks, im confused on the offset when searching for other rims what am i looking for? 48mm? or can they be 45? 40? (what are offsets)

GTI2007

The offset, measured in millimeters, is the distance from the mounting surface to the rim's true centerline.

For the MKV GTI or Rabbit you need wheels with an offset of at least 40.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
whats the range i should stay in between. 40-50? or can it be more

btw thank you very much for the help

GTI2007

With an offset of more then 54, that's what the stock 17" wheels of the GTI are, and a wide rim, let's say 8" wide for exampe, you could get problems like that you wheel can't move properly because it would rush against the shocks while driving because of the lack of room between the wheel and the shocks.

If you stay in the 40-50 range for offset you will normally have no problems with wheels rubbing against the fender or the shocks at any time.