GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Regional Forums > Australia
Parts4Euro

Old 09-21-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
kaikor
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: GTI
GTI shudders when take off or reverse?

Its a 08 GTI DSG, everytime when take off (no acceleration, just let the car roll by itself) or in reverse gear (same w/o my acceleration), the car seems to shudder before move, I've taken to service for other problem while telling them this, the mechanic said THIS IS NORMAL, he said if I drive a diesel golf, its even worst, can someone tell me if this is BULL or TRUE?
kaikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:54 AM   #2
SleekY
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: RS 5dr GTI
i believe mine does the same.. it kinda hesitates.. i think a VAG COM DSG reset may help.. mite give it a go 2nite
Old 09-21-2009, 02:29 AM   #3
Nardi330
Euro > JDM

Drives: 08 UG Golf GTI 5dr DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikor View Post
Its a 08 GTI DSG, everytime when take off (no acceleration, just let the car roll by itself) or in reverse gear (same w/o my acceleration), the car seems to shudder before move, I've taken to service for other problem while telling them this, the mechanic said THIS IS NORMAL, he said if I drive a diesel golf, its even worst, can someone tell me if this is BULL or TRUE?
hey man. you're Ken's friend and drive a silver GTI right?

i heard about the story with your DSG. so is it now fixed?

my 08 built MY08 does the same so nothing to worry about.
GTI Episode #2 - 2008 United Grey/5dr/DSG
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
funny
VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !

Drives: Silver DSG MY07 GTI
DSG reset might help.
Over time clutch pressures, etc that are stored when first learned will be different with wear and tear and more junk in the dsg oil.

Does it do this when the car is fully warmed up?
If not, then the car should be fine.

funny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:46 PM   #5
Androo
lolwut... ??

Drives: -
Strange, knock on wood my car doesn't do this badly when its cold and never when hot.
Androo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:49 PM   #6
kaikor
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: GTI
actually it did happen when the car has been warmed up, it happened everytime when i let the car roll start or reverse, it feels like when driving manual, u not giving enough gas while released the clutch ... i guess i should insist to the stealer next time when i'm dropping the car in ...
kaikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:27 AM   #7
redgti20T
Red Rocket

Drives: Golf GTi
i think i have the same problem (see my earlier thread)
some of the guys said it might be "knocking fuel pipes" which is apparently a known issue
taking it to the dealer to have it looked at this week
Old 09-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
SleekY
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: RS 5dr GTI
did my DSG reset this morning... the shudder seems to be gone.. for how long.. i don't know..

i did get a bit of a knock when i down shifted from 4th to 3rd to overtake a truck today.. but im assuming thats coz its re-adapting etc..
Old 09-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #9
Blue.:R32
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: Golf R32
Another dsg issue i have noticed is when going slow speed or just cruising, the shift seems to be very slow. Like your example, going in 4th, and then shift down to 3rd and accelerate to overtake, I get this big "hole" where I get no drive at all! Bloody dangerous when I'm half way across the lane. Is this another "normal" trait of the dsg?

try this two test.
1) 4th gear, coasting, foot off accelerator, shift to 3rd, foot on accelerator = big lag.
2) 4th gear, coasting, accelerate a bit first, shift to 3rd = not as much lag.

It seems the dsg looks at the throttle input to determine whether to kill you or not..
Blue.:R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
blackgti06
"My Fast"

Drives: Black Magic MKV
Send a message via Yahoo to blackgti06
Hey i had the same problem and i just solved it tonight. I tightened my engine, trans, etc mounts and it worked. No more shudder when take off. Check your mounts they may need to be tightened.
Neuspeed Short Shifter, Eurojet stg 3 FMIC, SBC STG 3, EJ Valve Cover,Eurojet Coolant Hose Kit, Eurojet R32 TBE,U.S R32 rear bumper, Stage 2+ (V3.0)APR Chip, EJ Reroute DV,Neuspeed Intake, Forge Wastegate Actuator,VF Motors(3), Rear Sway Bar, APR HPFP w/software,RS4 Valve,Ported N Polished K03
blackgti06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:26 AM   #11
xenogear
Autocross Champion

Drives: Golf GTI my07 DSG
also have the same problem..i think it is normal. however i've learnt to avoid the shudder on reverse. i've tried this many times on cold mornings and it helps remove the shudder altogether. as u put the car into reverse lift ur foot off the brake and then immediately brake again. - ur car shouldn't actaully move when u do this coz there shouldn't be enough time for the car to gear in. u should hear the car's rev change as it attempts to reverse.

then reverse as per normal. try that? it might work for u, works most of the time for me.
it mostly shudders on cold morning..during the day when its warmer it seems to be fine
xenogear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:30 AM   #12
Jeddz3

Drives: Golf gti mk v
engage and disengage

I have noticed a shudder when engaging first and reverse. Seems to me the input from the accelerator is critical. if you are too gentle the clutch seems to engage and disengage in a cycle. Be a bit more assertive and the engagement is fine. JM2c
Jeddz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:30 AM   #13
AAAARRRGH32
I used to be a Pirate...

Drives: 2008 Golf R32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue.:R32 View Post

try this two test.
1) 4th gear, coasting, foot off accelerator, shift to 3rd, foot on accelerator = big lag.
2) 4th gear, coasting, accelerate a bit first, shift to 3rd = not as much lag.

It seems the dsg looks at the throttle input to determine whether to kill you or not..
Strange, I'd have thought it to be the other way around. I know in my R32, if you were slightly accelerating and change down, there would be a lag. But that's cos in your first example above, it originally has 5th gear lined up and has to change to 3rd before engaging so it takes a little bit longer.

And why I say strange, is that if you are slowing down, foot off the throttle, then 3rd gear would already be lined up and ready to go. I've never had the issue you describe...but then I generally wait until it's engaged before I put my boot in (just like you would have to in a manual car).
AAAARRRGH32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
Jambo007
Dont stop me now.........

Drives: R32 MKV
Guys,

How do you reset the DSG?
Jambo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:44 AM   #15
gti mk5
BEST!!!

Drives: MK5 GTi
Send a message via MSN to gti mk5
dsg

had a friend withthis problem

vw process will be

change of dsg megatronics

it will work fine for a few week then the problem will return

then after a number a complaints they will eventually change the dsg box
R-LINE BLACKOUT MIRROR CAPS | IN.PRO SMOKED MIRROR LENS | FORGE CATCH CAN | VORTEX TINTED TAIL LIGHTS
gti mk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:34 PM   #16
Nategti

Drives: Gti
My gti jerks/shifts fast when i accelerate after a dead stop

Hi im looking into buying a gti, and while i was test driving a 2008 gti at the dealer, it seemed to jerk when pulling out of the lot like it was shifting really fast or had trans problems. The dealer said its just how the dsg transmission is. Can anybody clearify this for me? Thanks!
Nategti is offline   Reply With Quote