GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Non race car engine mount recommendation

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Has anybody had experience with both the BSH and the 034 mounts? I have the BSH mounts install about 6 months now, and I'm getting pretty over the vibration as well as the noise.

Cruising at 70/75 mph the noise from the engine is driving me mad, would the street density 034 mounts be any different? Or am I going crazy?

Looking at BSH's website now, have they changed their mounts? The pictures are now all solid black mounts whereas mine are orange in the middle. Poly vs rubber?

I have a DSG and the only time I noticed vibration from my regular 034 street density mounts was when I stopped at a light. The DSG is still engaged and there was a noticable increase in vibration when at a light/stop. This symptom decreased as the bushings aged. However once under way it was pretty much a stock feel. I think they are the best upgrade to get for anyone who needs such and upgrade but wants to preserve the comfort of the VW cabin area.

In my new build we are going to move up to the 034 billet mounts which still use a high durometer rubber inserts/bushings. Poly bushings work well to hold he motor under acceleration but the downside is that they transfer a lot more noise and vibration.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I had 034 mounts for about a year. They started to feel sloppy after 7 months or so. I always felt like I wanted more stiffness. Ended up changing them and putting BFI stage 2 mounts on. The nvh was significant but performance was night and day better.

I went full 034 all 5 pieces and mine held up well for several years (K04 street and track use) Not sure if you also did 034 pendulum and the two pucks but I think the pendulum arm and pucks are key to longevity.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
I have 034 billet mounts on my TSI GTI w/ dsg and they do induce rattles in loose interior panels and such, as well as in reverse and idle but I don't mind it at all. Have put a lot of mileage on these and they're livable; but my tolerance for nvh is much higher than yours I suspect.

034 street mounts are barely noticeable - Ive driven/rides many mk5/mk6 cars with them. Maybe one person out of a dozen has gone through the trouble on uninstalling them because the nvh was too much for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eiresgaus

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks guys, 034 sounds more like what I'm looking for. Might keep the BSH ones or try swapping them out one at a time and testing it from there to see if I can hit a sweet spot where I don't mind it as much.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I went full 034 all 5 pieces and mine held up well for several years (K04 street and track use) Not sure if you also did 034 pendulum and the two pucks but I think the pendulum arm and pucks are key to longevity.

I did have the 034 pendulum and hpa subframe mount as well. The motor and trans mounts were fine for a while. I just wanted more performance from them. Have had the bfi stage 2 mounts for 2 years now and love them.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I was looking at BFI stage 1 mounts as well, how are yours holding up?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Anyone use Vibra-Technics mounts - really limited information out there, they may or may not be the OEM for VWR and use rubber instead of poly. Any review I found was great, but nothing specific to MK5/MK6.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Just went with BFI stage 1 mounts, hopefully NVH is good.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
I installed Torque Solution engine and tranny mount( got used, but almost new) and have drove around 200 miles.... I understood why people sold poly mount after installed shortly and removed because of NVH. However, car feels more solid and hopefully mount settle down more.

eiresgaus

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks to all who replied about the 034 mounts. I'm going to switch the BSH ones to the street density this week sometime, going to leave the BSH pendulum mount in as I'm not sure it's too different, but the tranny and engine mounts are the ones I'm going to switch out.