GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My F23T build having issues

GTIfox101

Ready to race!
I want to bump this thread because I'm running into a different problem. They got a APR K04 tune to work with my turbo without the s3 injectors, not now I'm running into a different problem. So upon cold start when I start driving it kind of sputters when just on normal acceleration. It boosts fine up to 25PSI for about maybe 5 minute and then all of sudden it wont go past 8PSI. Im also getting shitty gas milage. Boost leaks have been ruled out. Thoughts???

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Not worth it, performance gainls are minimal and you'd be switching from a known good turbo to a known problematic turbo.
Only known problem was that stupid wastegate issue which i ran into. And only because I actually snapped it myself showijg someone how a wastegate works.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I want to bump this thread because I'm running into a different problem. They got a APR K04 tune to work with my turbo without the s3 injectors, not now I'm running into a different problem. So upon cold start when I start driving it kind of sputters when just on normal acceleration. It boosts fine up to 25PSI for about maybe 5 minute and then all of sudden it wont go past 8PSI. Im also getting shitty gas milage. Boost leaks have been ruled out. Thoughts???

Don't know if this will help but in the past I recall that a MAP with a poor connection won't boost past about 8psi. Unplug the connector and plug back in making sure it clicks in. At that time inspect the wires going into the plug itself and tug on them a bit to be sure they are all secure.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion

APR tune - S3 injectors? Fuel cut/limp mode.

Running a K04 is heavily charted waters, F23T isn't groundbreaking either. You just gotta stick to the hardware the tuner calls for. If the APR tune is expecting S3 injectors and cant get the fueling it expects you are gonna have problems.

FranciscoLau

Hi, I'm interested in knowing how you went about setting up your gti with the frankenturbo and the APR k04 software. I wanted to ask you if the engine of your gti mk5 is FSI or TSI .. And how it works the FSI engine with the Frankenturbo f23t and the APR k04 software. If you have taken it to the dyno ... how much whp and torque did it result! I have a gti mk5 FSI with APR stage2 .. but I wanted to go for F23T with the APR software, so my question ... I wait for your quick answer,
Regards,
Francisco