GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is part #6

bigwave

I broke the unlabeled middle nipple off this part which doubles as a pass thru for the brake booster line. Turns out that it was just as brittle as the broken line connected to it. What would have been a 10 min fix using the hose pictured below is going to be a bit more involved. Any help much appreciated.

And screw photobucket for breaking so many pic links on the forums, makes it even tougher to search

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

bigwave

Thanks, that piece looks like I could just bypass the broken tube as it appears to only bridge across the cooling system flange on the way to connecting into the brake booster. Was having a hell of a time finding that part on a diagram with #'s.

bigwave

And it should have ended with the link to the parts diagram, but not so fast. I'll put together a write-up to add to the brake booster line thread after I solve this, though the part is NLA or has been replaced. Biggest issue is that the new one separates the coolant junction with sensor and other coolant hose connections from the brake booster line connection. All I need is the brake booster connection, but as you can see in that diagram, it shows how part 7a goes into 7b with a nonexistent connector.

That part is the one I referenced at the start of the thread, which appears to be #10 in the following diagram, which doesn't have the pass thru connector for the brake booster line like the original. The part linked above in ECS tuning does not fit the BPY 2.0T FSI engine in my 08' GTI.

So much brittle plastic in here is really making me loose interest in wrenching this car, but I need to get the vacuum assist connected back the the brakes.

B6 Passat

Ready to race!
The link above to the ECS part is 100% what you need. Why they don't list the GTI as compatible is odd. Most likely because 2008 is the split year for FSI/TSI

Here is a link to a VW part site showing it as compatible. Don't mind that they call it thermostat housing.

https://www.vwpartsvortex.com/oem-parts/volkswagen-thermostat-housing-06f121132h/?c=Zz1jb29saW5nLXN5c3RlbSZzPXJhZGlhdG9yLWFuZC1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9OTI3ODYyNTUmcj1sYXllcl8yNCZhPXZvbGtzd2FnZW4mbz1ndGkmeT0yMDA4JnQ9YmFzZSZlPTItMGwtbDQtZ2Fz

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Current number is 06F121132H

Previous Revisions
•06F121132D
•06F121132F
•06F121132G

If you can find a proper vacuum connector piece you could bypass that part. Now you only have to find out why VW used that system instead of just a direct connection.

bigwave

Thanks so much, this is a huge help. Glad the part is cheap, though not looking forward to going back in there. My temp fix today was a piece of anodized aluminum bridging the two brake booster lines sealed with vulcanizing tape so I could get vacuum pressure back to brakes.