GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed vs Uni

RonY.

Im thinking of getting uni stage 1+ to my mk5 and I wanna get an intake a long with it. I cant decide whether to get the neuspeed p-flo or the uni cold air intake. The neuspeed costs 120$ less but does that mean a sacrifice in performance? Pros and Cons? I could really use the help :)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Unfamiliar with the UNI intake...Neuspeed is one that should work with all tunes. Myself and a few others have found the Neuspeed MAF port too be a bit too deep and allows a tiny leak sucking in un-metered air. So, if you get one, check if yours is sealed with the MAF installed and then after much use check again. I would save the money and apply it elsewhere.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Browse the classifieds and facebook, pick one up used (save some money on this remedial mod). They are almost all essentially the same, the only one to not get is the K&N. They are known to cause issues. I'm also not a big fan of the VWR or APR intakes.

Known good intakes:
Evolution motorsports
Unitronic
Nuespeed
IE

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Browse the classifieds and facebook, pick one up used (save some money on this remedial mod). They are almost all essentially the same, the only one to not get is the K&N. They are known to cause issues. I'm also not a big fan of the VWR or APR intakes.

Known good intakes:
Evolution motorsports
Unitronic
Nuespeed
IE

This. Buy used and save some money. Most of the filters on a stick are basically the same. I'd agree with the K&N advice as well. If you're looking for intake noises, stick to an open design compared to a closed on like APR.

BSH is a good intake, that's the one I put in my GTI. Zero issues with it.

Agreed. 5aprilc bought my BSH and I loved it while I had it. It has some weird harmonics under load and high RPM, but nothing impossible to live with.