GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2007 Volkswagen GTI MK5 Boost leak??

dante_mags

Vwgti
Car(s)
Gti mk5
Hey guys, I have a 2007 VW GTI. I bought it a few months ago, it has a Stage 1 tune, and everything else was stock. last month I installed a Forge Twintake, and when I went to take it for a test drive, the car seemed to be in a limp mode, like no boost or much power. Then the computer mustve adapted to the new intake because it worked great, I drove for over a month with it with no issues, but now I find that if I go into higher rpms ill suddenly loose boost. It docent happen too often, but when it does I just turn the car off and back on and it solves the problem. Could this just be a leak in my intake somewhere?? also I'm running on a stock diverter valve as well...

Thanks guys!

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes, it could be a leak. Could be a few more possibilities as well. Sort out that all connections, including the MAF to intake seal, are sealed properly first. Check the wiring for the MAF while doing all that.

dante_mags

Vwgti
Car(s)
Gti mk5
Yes, it could be a leak. Could be a few more possibilities as well. Sort out that all connections, including the MAF to intake seal, are sealed properly first. Check the wiring for the MAF while doing all that.

Okay man, but what do you mean by sealed? Like the MAF censor just clips on