GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Improvised input (cheap) for Mkv stereo

VWMKVinWV

Hi all, new to chats/message boards so please bear with me. I'm the proud owner of a MkV golf, 2007 model with DSG. My car came with sat radio but no aux input for my phone sourced music such as Pandora or mp3s. As I will probably never have satellite radio, does anyone know if it is possible to use the input from the satellite radio to attach my phone? I realize this may require some adaptation or perhaps a custom cable creation on my part. I apologize if this is the incorrect place to ask this question and would appreciate it if someone would let me know where I should have posted. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
You sure you don't have an AUX input? They put them in 2 different places on the MKV, in the glove box or in the center console under the armrest.

As long as you have a factory radio there is an OEM cable that plugged into the back of the head unit and AUX was available through the CD changer. It basically treats it like a 7th disc but has its own cable and input you have to pin into the factory harness. I'll see if I can find the part number or the part for you.

Edit:didn't follow GIACusers link. That's basically it, didn't realize double apex made one now.

VWMKVinWV

You sure you don't have an AUX input? They put them in 2 different places on the MKV, in the glove box or in the center console under the armrest.

As long as you have a factory radio there is an OEM cable that plugged into the back of the head unit and AUX was available through the CD changer. It basically treats it like a 7th disc but has its own cable and input you have to pin into the factory harness. I'll see if I can find the part number or the part for you.

Edit:didn't follow GIACusers link. That's basically it, didn't realize double apex made one now.
I was not aware of the possibility of glove box placement for the factory cable. I gathered from reading various message boards that some vehicles had a cord in the armrest but mine does not. My owner's manual lacked any information on the subject also. I will give the glove box the "once over" in the morning and see what's up there. Thanks for the info on the factory cable as well as the aftermarket option.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Thanks, looks like a very nice product.

I use that same kit from double apex and it's worked excellent. When I swapped in a rcd-510 my aux wasn't working (mine was in the center column bin) - I think i needed to repin something but relocating the aux to the blank buttons was much more convenient.

I also use their radar mute button kit in both cars. A little expensive but the convenience of plug and play is hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I was not aware of the possibility of glove box placement for the factory cable. I gathered from reading various message boards that some vehicles had a cord in the armrest but mine does not. My owner's manual lacked any information on the subject also. I will give the glove box the "once over" in the morning and see what's up there. Thanks for the info on the factory cable as well as the aftermarket option.

Mine didn't have an aux input for mini, I did have some old ios plug in the cavity under the armrest never used it.

VWMKVinWV

Can't find an input in either the armrest bin or the glove box. Would it be a cable or just a built-in socket? 3.5 mm jack or micro-usb?

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Mine is on the right wall of the glove box. It's a miniature 3.5mm (stereo) phone jack. I have an "el-cheapo" mp3 player (from Walmart) plugged into it. The glove box closes with the cord coming out of the latch seam. I use a cable like this. This is an analog input. I can play cassettes from a Sony Walkman through this input. (USB is digital. No soap, radio!)

Attachments

• Mini-Plug.jpg
    Mini-Plug.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 132