GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Genuine VW-Audi Part Packaging Policy for Suppliers

Billiam

Far Fig Newton
Car(s)
'07 GTi
Has anyone recently purchased a part at a Volkswagen-Audi Dealership Parts counter and been handed the part without packaging or a generic(no markings) clear plastic bag? VW provides all their parts suppliers with "The Manual for Genuine Parts Suppliers- A Practical Guide". This is a 67 page manual that directs suppliers to adhere to very detailed specifications for the packaging. The suppliers not only have to conform to bulk packaging policy details for delivery to Dealerships but most specifically to the packaging for individual retail parts. After reading the manual which is available online, it is my understanding an over the counter part purchased would NOT be resold by a delearship without packaging or generic packaging. Obviously there would be some excpeptions to this such as generic fasteners and such. There may also be an exception for refurbished/rebuilt or remanufactured parts. I don't know. But lets take the latest revision of the ignition coil for the MkV 2.0l and the greater derivative engines that VW-Audi specifies their latest revision of the ignition coil, part # "07K-905-715-G" sold individually, not as a 'Coil Pack'(quantity 4). Has anyone purchased the latest revision G or it's predecessor coils or coilpacks recently? I specifically want to hear from those who have purchased the coil or coilpacks over the counter at an actual Volkswagen-Audi Dealership. Were you handed the part in a VW-Audi Labeled box, Labeled and Sealed bag, Generic open plastic bag, or otherwise generic part# sticker and the part without packaging? If the latter, from my interpretation of the VAG packaging policy this is in direct violation of VAG policy. Please chime in with your experience. Again, I'm not interested in parts/packaging of refurbished, remanufactured, aftermarket, online distributor(excluding VW direct), or any distributor other than VW-Audi or the greater VAG Dearlships. Thanks for your input.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
I purchased a bunch of parts from a VW dealer which came directly from the only official VW importer and distributor. All the parts came with a sticker from the distributor with the part number, my name and so on.

- DV Valve in VAG group cardboard box saying genuine part or something
- Cam Follower in a small hard plastic box that seemed to be made for it, no markings
- Small parts (gaskets, small plastic parts) only in a sealed plastic bag, no markings

Last edited:

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I got tie rods and head light bulbs from my local VW dealership and they came in a clear plastic bag with no markings or anything stamped saying genuine on them.