GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help identify oil leak

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Next time...clean it well including inside the bottom cap and about the bleed nipple, and up to the top of the filter housing...then don't run it long. Start it up for 10 seconds and look again. If nothing is noticed, start it again for an additional 10 seconds. Keep doing this until you see first signs of oil dripping...or just replace the thing yourself: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-uro-par...IZwbIBcULpwGu-TlRVoSpoUilXxri9JRoCbN0QAvD_BwE

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
I've just replaced the entire assembly on my car 2 weeks ago, a bit of a PITA but I managed to do it in one evening. I had a leak coming from it a few months back and at the time I just replaced the gaskets but it eventually started leaking again from between the engine block and assembly.

Yeah, my problem is all that plastic bolted to a hot iron block. If some company reproduced all that shit in cast aluminum it will last longer & you would just deal with cheap rubber gaskets. I replaced all my coolant plastics (crack pipe & thermo housing) with gruven aluminum on 3.2vr6 & coolant leaks are gone. Filter housing is already aluminum on mine, not the bottom cap which could easily change. But the hot turbo cars under heat & pressure need this.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I was underneath mine a few days ago and it is leaking now at 143k miles. Going to likely replace the filter housing assembly and both seals;06F115397J, 06F115441A & 06D117070.