GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

power steering, ESP, PRNDS lights

kray15

So my 2007 golf gti dsg, will have the power steering and ESP lights come off and on as I drive and occasionally when I go to start the car, before I even turn the key there are warning lights and my PRNDS lights are flashing. I take the key out wait a little bit and try again. When I say occasionally, once every other week.

Background, I bought the car in February off craigslist after I wrecked my Mazda 3, it had an air bag light. I didn't think nothing much of it. About a month later I changed the battery. A month after that the power steering and ESP lights started coming on and off. It didn't seem to affect anything else and so I kept on driving. Last month the PRNDS lights would flash occasionally upon starting the car. They never came on while driving the car and I never had issues dropping out of gears. Nervous of the "PRNDS flashing of death" I took the car in to get it checked out. They checked all the error codes (listed below) They suggested that it was an issue with the Ignition switch and upon replacing that, should help take care of it all. After lots of research I don't think I agree that, that is the problem. It sounds more like an ABS control module failure, but my ABS light only came on a select few times (along with the PRNDS flashing). Could it be my wheel sensor? They Dealership doesn't think its an issue with the mechatronic because of the other stuff going on. Could I just have a faulty ground somewhere? What does it sound like to you all? I just seams the car randomly has miss communications, but when everything talks properly there are no problems. Even when I start the car, I turn all the way to the right then left, and the steering light will go away for a while.

I'm taking the car in on Thursday to get the DSG service done. I don't have any record of the last service and the DSG filter is leaking, so I thought I'd fix that. But I would sure like to know how to start helping these issues. What should I ask or say to the dealer?

list of error codes it brought up:

P310B Low fuel Pressure regulation fuel pressure outside specification, no signal/communication
P1624 Requirement- malfunction lamp on active, Implausible signal
P1628 Databus drivetrain missing message from steering angle sensor
P1854 Databus drivetrain Faulty
U0103 Lost communication with Gear Shift Module
P1850 Databus drivetrain Missing Message from Engine CM
P1689 Databus drivetrain implausible message from electronic central electric
P1851 Databus drivetrain missing message from ABS control module
P1852 Databus drivetrain Implausible message from Engine CM
P1867 Databus drivetrain missing message of steering columns electron
P1853 Databus drivetrain Implausible message from ABS control module
00778 014 Steering angle Sensor, Faulty
00778 004 Steering angle sensor, no signal/communication