GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV remote starter DIY

eddy55

Snowball
Very helpful Thank you .....

I am installing a Viper 4204 with an ADS-AL CA bypass module in a 2009 Rabbit/5 speed and I have a couple of questions on that particular install.

soby

Step 12: Ground out The system to the factory ground in the driverside kickpanel

Step 13: Pic 3 will be the CANBUS wires used through the modeul i have wich works door lockes hood status and hood pin safty opens gas cap will roll windows up and down and open gas cap and sunroof

Step 14: Power wire for your starter will be found in the drivers kick just above the foot rest

Step 15:pos clutch bypass for standard cars you can just run the pos start wire to hear the wire will be red black in drivers kick pic 5 ..6

Step 16: for these vehichles even with a bypass moduel you will still lose the valet key no big deal tho...diagram in pic 7

Step 17: Take a long peice of thin wire wrap it around the key barrel leaving 2 long ends as in diagram take one of the long ends and wrap it around the chip part of the key (there should be a min of 5 raps on each the barrel and the key) there should be a peice of wire stickin out after you have taped up the key as it will go to one side of the relay and the other wire comming from the key barel will go to the other side of the relay or moduel (programming features are different for all Remote starters so i wont bother with that part)

Step 18: once you have programmed the remotes and set tach (most moduels will do tach sensing but if you need to hook it up you can go to an injector) so remotes are programmed and modeul is programmed try out the locks see if they work then try the start button and voilahh it starts ......

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SOLDER AND TAPE UP ALL CONNECTIONS >>>PS DO NOT PUT ANYTHING BACK TOGETHER UNTIL IT ALL WORKS IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT OUR SHOP 780-715-2266 thanks guys hope this is helpful

blue,

I may be giving you a call tomorrow for some help. I am installing on an '08 GTI with DSG and my module is a DBALL2Pro. Everything seems to be doing what it's supposed to do EXCEPT the fact that you need to hold the brake pedal to start my car for some reason. That seems to prevent a successful remote start. I know the immobilizer bypass is working because without that my alarm goes off and the MFI says "Immobilizer Active". A 3X lock command fires up the DBALL2Pro but the car seems to just momentarily go into the "On" state and then back to off.

The install guide is available here. I'm doing a Type 1 Install. Any idea how I can bypass the brake?

Thanks,
Soby
617-233-9966

soby

Remote Start on 2008 GTI with DSG and Brake-to-Start

Hello all,

Between all the forums and manuals from both Directed and Fortin, I was able to get remote start working on my 2008 GTI with DSG. One big challenge was the requirement to hold the brake when starting my car and I was able to bypass that with a simple relay.

Wiring diagram below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m343gly5dz5y50e/RS.bmp?dl=0

I'm having two issues/quirks:
1) My OEM key FOB doesn't work when the car is on. I now understand that this is a setting that can be modified with VAG-COM so I have a WiFi OBDII interface module on order to flip that switch.

2) When I unlock my door manually (with the physical key) and open the door, the car shuts down. I'm praying that this is not a new "feature" of recent firmwares as I can't find any mention of this behavior anywhere. Has anyone else experiences a door entry shutdown routine with their systems?

staradi

tach

thank you man
i have trouble finding the tachometer signal for my manual TDI jetta. could you show me how to find it use pictures please.
moreover the door trigger wire.