GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Poor Mans Mod Page

bigbadvoodooguru

GO LAKERS
Car(s)
VW Rabbit
just use unwound cat5 cable. goes through reaaaaaally easily. The earlier year cars have a light in that reflector, So I made my own. I've got a light there and under my mirrors that light up with the interior dome light (When the key is not in the ignition). My footwell lights are on the same circuit (but without the ignition part, and turn on and off with the dome light).

Raoul_Duke

LEDs bright enough for that can be as thin as a nickel. would be a great idea for that red reflector on the door that doesnt light up for anything. gotta wire it though....i HATE wiring things in the door since you have to snake the wire through the door hole

not needed in this case i you have door controllers that support this feature.
then you just have to by repair wires and follow this instruction
http://www.my-gti.com/2150/adding-door-warning-lights-to-the-volkswagen-golf-and-jetta-front

another cheap mod, i made was to solder an blue led to the bulb socket in the cigarette lighter to enlight the ashtray.
i also removed the metal piece to hold a cigarette cause i use the ashtray for coins an chewing gum.

VLouisW

Adding an AUX port to my car.

I have the Golf Mark 5, 56 plate and as most of you may know doesn't come with any kind of adapter for an AUX, the only kind of port I have is the cigarette lighter...
I was just wondering what is the best way to get an AUX installed so I can play my own music ??

Thanks

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
I have the Golf Mark 5, 56 plate and as most of you may know doesn't come with any kind of adapter for an AUX, the only kind of port I have is the cigarette lighter...
I was just wondering what is the best way to get an AUX installed so I can play my own music ??

Thanks

Many moons ago, I posted a link somewhere on this site about a cable that converts the old iPod adapter to an aux cable. It worked very well for me. Search my history if you're interested and you might find a link to the cable!
Good luck, Amigo!

CW#3900

So I am working my way through this thread(page15 so far) And I wanted to add a cheap mod I just did to the coin tray in my mkv R32.I could not find a 12v plug to fit in the coin tray and be able to keep the coin tray closed.So I removed the coin tray and then split the spun aluminium cover off the top.If you cut a hole in the lower plastic lid(under the spun aluminium)Then you will have the clearance to keep the 12v plug in and shut the coin tray.I ran the wire out the bottom.Used a 3m sticky to mount the 3 usb port.I'll include a link to my youtube video if anyone wants a better idea.Also I make weekly R32 videos.
Coin Tray modification
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFTvknYY_Wo&t=18s

IMAG0255 by Jash Z, on Flickr
IMAG0267 by Jash Z, on Flickr
IMAG0256 by Jash Z, on Flickr
IMAG0257 by Jash Z, on Flickr

My79spirit

VDub N00b
Car(s)
MkV GTI 5 Door
Have not seen this on any of the pages yet.

Rear Wiper squirtgun mod
5 min
$0

Remove cap from rear wiper arm
Remove sprayer valve.
Viola! Your car can defend you from ruffians tailgating you (Or clean the car behind you as needed)

Easily reversible