GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel fitment with 17z calipers..

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
It's likely as simple as I think it is but want to make sure I'm looking at it correctly. Trying to determine whether a set of wheels I just purchased will fit my yet to be installed 17z bbk.

Wheel faced down. Caliper on rotor, laid on the hub mounting surface at the rear of the wheel. Rotor lays flush, the bbk fits. Doesn't lay flush, I need spacers...

Sound about right? Pretty sure I'm not missing anything...

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I bought a hub on ebay for $30 and did my measurements, the thing about 17z's are they are so close the the center and so huge the area where the wheel spokes connect to the hub is more important than anything.

I know Neuspeed RSe12 and RSe05 will fit, I want to see if RSe16 will fit as they are super light weight.

Looking for other wheels in the ET40-45 range that will fit as well.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
I'm thinking a 5mm spacer will clear it and have me at 18x8 et30

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
You gotta be aware of knock back, give it a few mm clearance (3mm+)

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
**Looking up knock back...**
Never heard of that... then again, I've never done a brake upgrade either.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
I am running the 17z brake upgrade on my MKV, and can clear 18 inch oz ultraleggeras no problem, but have to run a 5mm spacer when running my track wheels, TR Motorsport MT1s.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Vmr 18x8.8 et 45 fit with a 5mm spacer. I have 18x8 et 40 no spacer Oz Superleggeras fit no problem

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Trying to find a set of 17's that fit without a spacer

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Heard neuspeeds and fit some of those alzor reps fit one with those hre flow form or whatever they're calling them. I wanna know who has ninguém aggressive fitment ie no poke bbs lm's with 17z cuz that's what I've been looking for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
You gotta be aware of knock back, give it a few mm clearance (3mm+)
Knock back much of an issue in a daily driver/occasional spirited driven? I'm think 5mm would still allow for an extra 2mm probably

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Knock back should be accounted for, if you have 1mm of clearance you may have issues, especially so if the wheel bearings wear out and get sloppy.