GOLFMKV

FS: Golf R brakes front and rear all fresh - pads for street and track

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
SOLD SOLD SOLD - my brake setup -

• Full set of Golf R brakes (black) Front and Rear
  • Pads and Rotors have less 4000 miles on them.
  • Rotors are Centric hi-carbon blanks
  • Comes with 2 sets of pads (just pads cost 800)
    Full set of HP+ pads for the track (only 2 sessions, lots left )
    Endless MXRS front / Hawk HPS 5.0 rear - street (90%+ pads left)
  • Tyrolsport stiffners installed in front calipers
  • Comes with SS lines

Full set of brakes with fresh pads and rotors, nothing else to buy except a can of good DOT4 brake fluid like ATE 200. That is a huge savings over buying used brake sets where you have to replace pads, rotors and get SS lines and maybe want Tyrolsport stiffner.

Pedal travel and feel is same as stock. Both sets of pads will put you through the windshield. The HP+ setup just holds up better to hi-temp track use. This set with the HP+ pads allowed me to do some very late braking. You can of course upgrade the pads further and they are a TON of choices for these calipers out there. These brakes have been wonderful, new owner will enjoy.

Brakes are on car, but car is currently on blocks so they can be removed anytime. I will get some current pics posted this week. However they will look as described and will clean up nicely.

Why am I selling? Love them but doing a bunch of upgrades to car, moving to a Brembo 18z setup.

Pics to come but they are in great shape, no dissappointments.

Last edited:

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
What are the wheel size requirements of these? 18's only or could you fit 17's over them?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
What are the wheel size requirements of these? 18's only or could you fit 17's over them?

Folks run them with OEM 17's. I haven't but I have seen a number of posts.