GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior mold! Please HELP

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I left my car parked in my driveway for a week while I was on vacation and came back and noticed a nasty musty smell in my car. So I checked everywhere and found heavy mold in my car in the rear passenger side of the car. Every time I get in my car it feels nasty and condensed.

What can I check for? I've checked the forums and read about the sunroof leak but the leak seems to be coming from the right side. Checked under my spare tire and found no leaks. Any help would be aprreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Around here in St. Pete, we had a "rain event" that dumped four inches in two hours. The storm drains couldn't handle the volume. There were intersections and road gutters with a foot and more of water in them that people (including me) were driving through to get to work. It started a 6:30AM and went to 8:30 that way until it just rained normally for the rest of the day. I remember the pucker I felt going into some of those lakes hoping the door seals would hold and keep the water out and they did. Have you driven the GTI through any water like I'm describing before you parked it? That's about how long it would take for mold to grow like that. About a week or so in the Florida heat. Just a theory. I know you cats get some rain down that way too.