GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yorkdale VW

intcountzero54

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I purchased a new '08 GTI last Saturday from Yorkdale VW. When I went in to get the car, they placed it in a special display area, glassed in, that opens into the drive through area of the garage. They do this for all new car pick ups. They did a good job walking me through the car for about an hour. But then I was really impressed when the head mechanic also came by to answer questions and offer advice before he and sales guy waived me off. This is UNHEARD of treatment from my last dealership (Roy Foss in Thornhill).

I had mentioned the exhaust issue I had 2 days later in another thread, which resulted from a losened assembly clamp. After bringing it back, they had it fixed in under and hour and I was on my way. The mechanic personally came out to see me, describe the issue, then hand me back the keys after he was done. It was fabulous. If I get 4 more years of that kind of service, my wife can coun't on that Rabbit she wants as her next car.

Would like to know if anyone else has had any good/bad experiences with this dealership?

wes

Ready to race!
Wow... I think I know where I'm going for my next service! Jeez... my last service was a nightmare...

ekk20

Go Kart Champion
thumbs up for yorkdale vw! just wanted to tell everyone that VW Villa is amazing as well, just took my car in today for the fuel line TSB and reprogrammed the windows, as well ordered new seat rails and everything went smoothly and most importantly, covered under warranty!

intcountzero54

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI

Just viewed and commented in the thread. That sounded rough, man. My sympothies. Not worth going back. Too much traffic for them to care, perhaps. At least, that was the attitude I got when I walked through the doors several months ago.

I did try one other dealership that was even worse than VW Villa, if you can believe it. Queesnway VW is void and null of ANY service at all. The one time I tried to get a quote for parts, the guy behind the counter gave me a stare like "why are you bothering me!". It was the worst vibe I had ever gotten trying to buy a car. It was after that I stumbled on Yorkdale VW, which I didn't even knew exisited because it's tucked under the airport there.

The sales guys did everything they could to draw me away from my quotes off of CarCostCanada and other dealers. In the end, I got what I thought was a fair price for the car, which is all I was asking for. I'm hoping the treatment I got this past week lives on during my warranty period. I will amend this thread if things change.

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
Hey guess what! I went to Villa last week to bitch about my radio's felt lining at the CD slot that have fallen apart and they ordered me a new radio right away and suppose to get it swapped tomorrow. They gave me no BS like previous visits. Must be that -10 rating I gave them last time when VWoC called!! Well let's see how they perform tmr, I might have to end up stabbing them with my keys LOL!

Last edited:

FARENHEIT911

Passed Driver's Ed
Yorkdale is an excellent dealership, I have two friends who are technicians their and they do nothin but top notch work. Downtown VW is another excellent dealership as well. Very tuner friendly, a few tech's their also have modded Dubs. Very personable service staff and management. Thumbs up to both dealers.

4wealn mkv GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Leaven's VW in London, Ont is great too. Anything you need they will do it, they are also an APR dealer. Their master mechanic has an 07 GTI also and knows the vehicle inside and out. He actually has an APR stage 3 on order. Anybody in the area should visit them for service, you will not be disappointed.

bz_2.0T

Ready to race!
vw villa is the worst and they are all assholes without exception, my pizza delivery guy knows more about cars than all of them combined!

mississauga vw is very friendly and professional though!!

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
Okay so the CD player swap went well at Villa, or so I thought... At least no broken clips on the faceplate.. until I saw my dash cubby which was horribly jammed into the opening 0_0 took me a good 5 mins to remove the cubby and fix the horror!!

Agincourt from now on I guess, less travel too for me anyway... ^^;;

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
georgetown/h2 sports is a great place. i myself don't go there cause it's a little far but they are top notch

PumaYaYa

Passed Driver's Ed
Agincourt Autohaus is awesome. When I was in the process of buying the Rabbit, I was surprised that the salesman didn't need to get approval from anyone to accept my offer. Then I found out that they don't have a sales manager. Ended up getting my Rabbit for just barely above dealer price. Went in this week to pick up monster mats, no problem, here's a 10% discount they say. Installed in less than 10 min.