GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering wheel VW emblem scratched.

Maximum6

FASTER
I don't even know hot it got scratched...but the VW emblem in the center of the steering wheel is very slightly scratched.

I searched, and I don't think i can just replace the emblem. I have to take out the whole center piece of the steering wheel.

There is no DIy on how to do this...nor is there a center piece i can buy online.

Any ideas on how to fix this without replacing the Entire steering wheel?

TN GTI

Volkswagger
You can search on ebay and get a emblem to go on top of it.
There aren't any that look like the original one but some pretty cool ones.
Mine is scratched but I'd rather put money into some other things right now.

Mayday5

Ready to race!
i scratched mine too. i realized it was from putting my seatbelt on. sometimes while bringing it over my arm i accidentally run across it and sometimes the same thing happens while im taking it off. it took me awhile before i figured it out. not sure if you guys are doing the same thing but i figured out thats what i was doing.

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
My scratched emblem story is way better. I had my car filled with sound equipment coming home from a gig. I had forgotten that a new speed bump had been put in near my home and made a sudden brake once I was pretty much on top of it when a 60lb flight case flew into my lap from the rear. It banged up the emblem really bad, but nothing else. I was thankful it wasn't my center cluster! It bugs the crap out if me...

The center piece must come out and cost under $100 I hope.

On a side note: I take the keys out if the ignition and with the keys in hand push open the door and have noticed a few tiny scratches and dents in the metal trim strip from this bad habit. Kinda like the seat belt whip thing.

4NOBJCT

Passed Driver's Ed
I know this thread is pretty old now, but the same thing happened to my emblem. After searching I finally called my local dealer. They told me that the vw emblem is a whole assembley with the airbag and cover... $900.xx!!

EvoIII

Ready to race!
Dealer will not be able to help. VW/Audi sell the emblem with the airbag assembly for $600. eBay has them for $12.( see link above) ordered two of them myself, they worked perfectly.:thumbup: