GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ever hear of "The Protector" car finish?

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
My VW sales rep is trying to sell me a special finish for my car called "The Protector". Has anyone ever heard of this, or know anything about it? He says that it's a one time application that takes about 5 hours to apply and it lasts for several years (maybe up to 10...don't know yet). I drop it off at the dealer and they send it out to some local company that adds this protective finish that protects the exterior from rock chips and bird sh*t, etc. Plus the interior gets a protective finish (maybe scotchguard?). Plus underneath the car gets a special finish that's suppose to cut road noise in half. It costs several hundreds of dollars, so I wanted to look into it first. I can't find any websites or anything, so I was hoping someone here at least knows something about this. I saw the logo for it, and it looks like a Knight's helmet, and it says The Protector under it. I also saw a bottle of cleaner that's like a liquid wax made by the same company, so I know it's real...just can't find anything about it online.

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
Found it!!!! It looks like this is a local Chicago Company called ECP Inc. The web site is kinda wierd to navigate through, but does have a lot of info if you look at the right places. The website is http://www.ecpinc.net . Anyone here have any experience with this product?

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
PS. Do you go to any chicagoland meet-ups?

Nope, I just got my VW about a week ago, so I'm still a newbie. Maybe someday I'll meet up with the locals.