GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installing GTI side skirts on a Rabbit, what's involved?

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Just to confirm:

what you need is this:
2 gti sideskirts
4 brackets that mount under the car into existing spots for them
4 screws.

thats it, no drilling required. if you are buying new sideskirts they will come with the doublesided tape already on them.

If you need parts pricing to do this let me know....

Bingo

Use double sided tape rather than drilling into the rocker. With the mounts underneath and the screws in the wheel wells, you won't have any issues. One part of my double sided tape came unstuck (bound to happen with rain and washing, etc) but it was easy enough to put a new piece on.

Jonjv08

08 Rabbit

Does anyone know a good website to get some cheap Gti side skirts? im trying to get some for my 2008 VW rabbit or anyone have any for sale?

Last edited:
Does anyone know a good website to get some cheap Gti side skirts? im trying to get some for my 2008 VW rabbit or anyone have any for sale?

This thread you've replied to is quite old so I imagine pricing has gone way up. I just picked up an oem set off ECS. Wasn't cheap tho...after shipping, customs and currency conversion it ran me $500-$600cdn.

Link: https://www.ecstuning.com/News/Volk...kirts_Sideskirts_GTI_Set_2006_2007_2008_2009/

They fit right on with zero mods. I didn't use the strips that typically "bolt on" either (as mentioned above, it's not required)

Jonjv08

Thats pretty expensive but sounds worth it especially since I won't have drill any holes into my car like the people above. I found some on eBay for $100 but I'll checkout the website you said. Thanks a lot

Thats pretty expensive but sounds worth it especially since I won't have drill any holes into my car like the people above. I found some on eBay for $100 but I'll checkout the website you said. Thanks a lot

No worries. The kit that comes from ECS keep in mind is oem vw so it bolts right on seamlessly. The aftermarket ones sometimes can be a bit of a challenge with fitment and install.