GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Fluctuation

Royha

Hi everyone, I have a 2009 gti with stage 2 Driver motorsport tune, everything is stock on the car except a custom made de-cated downpipe, I have a boost fluctuation issue, my tuner said that it is the tune's overtorque/over-boost protection.
Here's whats happening:
sometimes at 4th, 5th and 6th gear if I WOT i get boost fluctuation which I am able to feel with car acceleration, the needle will fluctuate between 10 and 17 psi until i reach 5000 rpm where the fluctuation stops and boost is at 15psi which is normal for a k03, and sometimes if i wot at the same gear i get a spike to 23psi and steady boost at 21-22 psi.

This fluctuation is really annoying me, and I need your help to solve it, where should I start?

thx

Roy

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Hi everyone, I have a 2009 gti with stage 2 Driver motorsport tune, everything is stock on the car except a custom made de-cated downpipe, I have a boost fluctuation issue, my tuner said that it is the tune's overtorque/over-boost protection.
Here's whats happening:
sometimes at 4th, 5th and 6th gear if I WOT i get boost fluctuation which I am able to feel with car acceleration, the needle will fluctuate between 10 and 17 psi until i reach 5000 rpm where the fluctuation stops and boost is at 15psi which is normal for a k03, and sometimes if i wot at the same gear i get a spike to 23psi and steady boost at 21-22 psi.

This fluctuation is really annoying me, and I need your help to solve it, where should I start?

thx

Roy

You should start by purchasing this diagnostic tool that will enable you to view and log what is really going on. This is the tool most of us use. Folks on the forum will be able to help if they have realtime data from your ECU. With this tool you will be able to acquire lots of real time data to and read error codes with reference to plain english translations and clear those codes as well.

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCuCAN.html

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Yeah I had this exact same problem with the DM tune and it was just the tune. Look at the thread i started a while back about it, you'll see my logs are identical to yours

Royha

THANK YOU FOR THE QUICK REPLIES. I'LL MANAGE TO GET VAGCOM CABLE ASAP, AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW ABT THE RESULTS, I MIGHT NEED SOME HELP TO KNOW HOW TO DO THESE LOGS.
IF ANYONE HAS THE SAME ISSUE, PLEASE CHIME IN.

ROY