GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noise Pipe Delete/Plug Mod DIY

PlaidHatter

Insert Witty Title Here
Car(s)
Audi A3 S-Line
Hey guys, so I know a lot of you have still been trying to get your hands on one of these noise pipe delete plugs that Raven made, well this happens to be your LAST chance. Raven is a personal friend of mine and I happened to swoop up the LAST of his stock on these plugs for you guys. These are authentic Raven plugs packaged and assembled by Raven himself. Only 12 of these are left, and then there's no more. Like ever. Like ever ever.

These are also available, in VERY limited quantity, Raven made 6 of these years ago and never sold them. I'm keeping one so there's now 5 left. (See how quickly they're disappearing already?) It's the same billet aluminum noise pipe delete plug, but it's been hard anodized in "Raven Black".

This will all be on a first come, first served basis, so I don't think I'm going to have these very long. So anyone looking to finally get their hands on the last new Raven plug you'll find, shoot me a PM and have PayPal ready!

PlaidHatter

Insert Witty Title Here
Car(s)
Audi A3 S-Line
Everyone that's sent payment should have a plug in the mail today, and in their hands before the end of the week. Still got some plugs left for anyone that's interested. . .:thumbsup:

PlaidHatter

Insert Witty Title Here
Car(s)
Audi A3 S-Line
Everyone who purchased a plug now has one in rout! Still got black and silver plugs left guys. Check your inbox shortly for tracking numbers. Thanks guys.

PlaidHatter

Insert Witty Title Here
Car(s)
Audi A3 S-Line
Glad to hear! That throttle response is a pretty good bang for you buck huh?
There's more available guys, get em before they're gone forever!

galavoxx

Bought one of these plugs and installed it last weekend. My engine bay looks a little cleaner without the noise pipe and the throttle response is slightly improved. Great product that looks at home on this car. I also like that the noise pipe can be installed over the top of this (stealth mode), just in case I fail a visual inspection. Thanks again, PlaidHatter.

airchina83

A must do "fix" of the FSI engine.

I ended up buying the part (1k0145770k) from my local vw dealer ($160-170 plus tax) for my 2008 GLI (FSI engine). I was a little skeptic that this mod or fix would do anything except clear clutter and reduce noise. I was wrong, the throttle response is absolutely better with faster and more responsive feel. Probably not anymore total power but you get it faster, so it's faster.

It's a B to get the old pipe out cause it's got the big Y junction. I was able to sneak it by but you'd might want to remove the fans first. I was also able to lift up the rain tray and sneak the actual sound speaker out from behind the fire wall. Long ratchet extensions, long needle-nose pliers, torx heads, and a ton of patience are a must for this project.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Would highly recommend the whole throttle pipe, I picked Neuspeed.