GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Releases CCTA Intercooler Upgrade!

Keith@APR

Banned
Hello TSI and TFSI owner's!

As more development vehicles arrive and time for our Engineering Team to finalize our TSI and TFSI development draws near, I would like to announce our Intercooler Upgrade for the new CCTA!

Images are being updated and the new TSI section is being added to our website at http://www.goapr.com so please bear with me as every day will bring new information to this thread.

Testing is underway to verify to the gains on the CCTA in comparison to the previous 2.0T FSI engine. However, the data from the FSI should be fairly consistent.

Fitment is confirmed for the following applications:

Audi A3
Audi TT
VW GTI/Jetta
VW EOS

Ordering information and pricing can be found here http://www.goapr.com/VW/produc....html

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
cool, now the TSI finally has a aftermarket upgrade.. about time.. good work APR..

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Thanks!

The TSI is an excellent edition to the VAG family and I'm sure everyone will be please with the above OEM quality lineup APR will continue to deliver to this platform. Our intercooler is only the tip of the iceberg and will absolutely be a requirement for what we have in store!

:thumbsup:

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
It's about damn time:clap: :bow: And wait...you have what in store.......I don't like teasers:mad0259: But if I had to guess I'd have to say something like maybe a stage 2++ or maybe a 500hp stage 3? because I know now there are lowers boost pressures so you can jack the PSI up to a good 20 or so and probably be around 300hp or more.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Sorry for the noob question, but are there any power gains with this mod?

These forums are made for asking questions so don't consider yourself a noob!

Colder intake air temperatures (IAT's) allows the ecu (computer that controls the car) to run more advanced timing (when the spark ignites the fuel in the engine). You may have noticed on hot days your car feels slower, especially after you've pounded on it for quite some time. As the air temperature increases, the intercooler on the stock car becomes hotter. As it gets hotter and hotter, it becomes 'heat soaked'. The temperature of the air entering the engine becomes much hotter which results in timing pull and a loss of power. If you haven't guessed already, in simple terms, more advancement in timing creates more power. A reduction, pull, or retard of the timing means a loss of power. Our intercooler is much more efficient than the stock setup so you're able to push your car even harder, advancing the timing more and more, w/o loosing any power.

Now, as we start to increase power with our software upgrades, exhaust upgrades, intake and especially our turbo upgrades, having an intercooler becomes a necessity. We have proved this over and over on the street, in customers cars, and on our in house dynos in previous applications such as MKV 2.0T FSI BPY. For our big turbo setups, right off the line, w/o an upgraded intercooler, timing can be pulled significantly, and tons of power can be loss. By running our APR intercooler you'll absolutely see lower intake air temperatures so more and more power can be achieved and can last pass after pass on the 1/4th mile track, during auto crossing, you're blasting around on back roads, or during your boring burnt out trip though hot traffic.

sandwich

Ready to race!
These forums are made for asking questions so don't consider yourself a noob!

Colder intake air temperatures (IAT's) allows the ecu (computer that controls the car) to run more advanced timing (when the spark ignites the fuel in the engine). You may have noticed on hot days your car feels slower, especially after you've pounded on it for quite some time. As the air temperature increases, the intercooler on the stock car becomes hotter. As it gets hotter and hotter, it becomes 'heat soaked'. The temperature of the air entering the engine becomes much hotter which results in timing pull and a loss of power. If you haven't guessed already, in simple terms, more advancement in timing creates more power. A reduction, pull, or retard of the timing means a loss of power. Our intercooler is much more efficient than the stock setup so you're able to push your car even harder, advancing the timing more and more, w/o loosing any power.

Now, as we start to increase power with our software upgrades, exhaust upgrades, intake and especially our turbo upgrades, having an intercooler becomes a necessity. We have proved this over and over on the street, in customers cars, and on our in house dynos in previous applications such as MKV 2.0T FSI BPY. For our big turbo setups, right off the line, w/o an upgraded intercooler, timing can be pulled significantly, and tons of power can be loss. By running our APR intercooler you'll absolutely see lower intake air temperatures so more and more power can be achieved and can last pass after pass on the 1/4th mile track, during auto crossing, you're blasting around on back roads, or during your boring burnt out trip though hot traffic.

Thanks!!

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
Looks good, that thing is massive.

leviathan18

Ready to race!
Ahh good catch. We actually do, however they IC in that photo was being removed from the car so the clamps were already removed..

now everyone must learn from apr, hiring a guy like arin to take pics is a must, ive been sold to this fmic just by good pics lol

not really presentation of a product is a must and when you have someone that take this marvelous pics you are giving the costumer the eye candy they like

good move apr

now just i have to plan how to steal a bank to get this :23:

leviathan18

Ready to race!
if my eyes doesnt cheat me it retains the boost pipe right ? so i would be able to use bsh dv solution with this IC

btw arin you should teach me some tricks with the camera i would really love to take some pics like that, those came out of the camera like that or they have some post processing magic ?

love the whole gallery