GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

golf ball shifter?

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I can't believe people actually like the looks of that thing. I'll leave that for the kids to play with. As far as ergonimocs go, I would assume that the golf ball shifter is not as comfortable to hold as the stock one. The stock one's designed to fit your hand as to where the golf ball one reminds me of shifting an old pick-up truck. Not to mention it looks like a Pep Boys mod. Sorry guys, I just don't get people considering "demodding" their cars. Because there's no way that thing has an advantage. It's just a cheesy gimic mod and a serious waste of money (period).

(Note to self) Hope I don't get harped on for this one.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
thats going to be the DSG shifter as well, theyre going to conform it in there for the anniversary edition supposedly.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
It's actually a traditional piece from the originals. It has more weight to it and the shifts feel a lot smoother, and easier to "flick it" into gear. I want one....badly.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I agree with Kirk, I think they look aweful

GTI2007

I prefer the look of the stock shifter a lot more above that of the golf ball shifter. I wouldn't even install that golf ball shifter in my GTI for all the money in the world.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully the Rabbit will come out with a rabbit shaped shifter that you rabbit owners can buy. Wouldn't that be awesome? Then maybe the Ford Mustang will come out with a horse shaped shifter that 5.0 fans can put in place of theirs too. That would be so cool. Even those wouldn't be as nice as a Dodge Neon that had a neon glowing CF ball to shift with.

Lets just hope this Golf ball trend thingy really takes off.:bellyroll:

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
_bT23 said:
Our stock shift knobs r pretty damn nice, I wouldnt change it

The factory one is ok... I don't like the fact that in the heat it gets hot as shit... the metal parts atleast.

I like the look and feel of the golf ball shifter. (friends car has it)

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
kirk180 said:
Hopefully the Rabbit will come out with a rabbit shaped shifter that you rabbit owners can buy. Wouldn't that be awesome? Then maybe the Ford Mustang will come out with a horse shaped shifter that 5.0 fans can put in place of theirs too. That would be so cool. Even those wouldn't be as nice as a Dodge Neon that had a neon glowing CF ball to shift with.

Lets just hope this Golf ball trend thingy really takes off.:bellyroll:

dude, if some people like it...then that's ok...you don't need to be shitting on them just coz you don't like it.

.:B

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
07 GTI
AutoXinMK5 said:
The factory one is ok... I don't like the fact that in the heat it gets hot as shit... the metal parts atleast.

I like the look and feel of the golf ball shifter. (friends car has it)

Yea it does get quite hot. What's the golf ball made of?

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
_bT23 said:
Yea it does get quite hot. What's the golf ball made of?

It's whatever plastic they use on the old ones and then metal where the boot connects but there's no metal ring on the top that heats up and makes a red ring in your hand on a hot summer day... haha

Not that it's the hottest place in the world here, but we see 100-105 in the summer from July-August :thumbdown:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
smp85 said:
dude, if some people like it...then that's ok...you don't need to be shitting on them just coz you don't like it.
Agreed:thumbsup:Good point. I's just trying to have fun with that last post though. I thought it was funny.:iono:

Last edited: