GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEW Öhlins coilovers

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Bruce. I guess i'll just buy the Ohlins first and then send some detailed pics and measurements of the upper side to IE, H&R or VWR to see what they say !

Don't get confused by the max outer dia. It's only the top end dia what counts here.
(taken aside that huge max dia springs limit the max camber if they touch the dome)

H&R 60755-2 seem to fit stock diameter springs:

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2515446/

"The application is compatible with H&R struts and stock struts. Adjustment range is -2.0° to
-3.0°, depending upon ride height, and accommodates for the needed strut angle change."

http://www.autotech.com/product/10-498-607552.html

http://www.essexdistributors.com/product_info.php?products_id=6511

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...719681.html?osCsid=qt5kdl29n7eg9178hlg9pskat1

You'll find differently looking H&R camber plates, because H&R changed the design
two or three years ago. Possibly the part # has changed to 60755-60 and 80 . . .

There's of course still some slight uncertainty about the Öhlins upper spring seat
fitting the top mount/camber plate, as probably this spring seat isn't necessrily
exactly the same shape as a stock spring. The only way to find out is to try it out.
This issue/risk would also be the same with any camber plate.

:wink:

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Bruce. I guess i'll just buy the Ohlins first and then send some detailed pics and measurements of the upper side to IE, H&R or VWR to see what they say !

When you order the camber plates you tell them type of spring diameter your running and they send the proper "Hat" ( the black plate show in pic above ) most company's have different size hats for different size springs . Bob G

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Last edited:

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Admittedly, I'd prefer them to come with camber plates. Bear im mind prices for
Öhlins R&T coilovers do vary wildly though.
The BMW E90 kit is a bargain at only 2000,-- €, the Mk.V kit is somewhere in
the middle, and others (997 etc.) are more sophisticated and much more costly.

However, the Mk.V Road & Track is a very high-quality alternative, coming with
intermediate spring rates (between common street and clubsport coilovers). Hope
Fuscobal will have no hassle picking up matching camber plates. Running the R&T
with these will certainly give a worthwhile experience on track, while still decently
refined at driving poorer roads.

:wink:

On a side note, I'd really love to drive a GTI with10.000 $ Öhlins or Penske coilovers.

:wub::drool:

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
There's a local suspension tuner that uses Penske a lot, I'd like to try a custom set on my next suspension build. The same tuner made a set of Penske's for my friends Harley =)

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
Ground control can "build" custom coil overs for our cars, or paired struts/shocks/springs.

They use Koni's with custom valving for the car/spring rates.

Cost was about $1,500 when I called a few weeks ago, WITH camber plates.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Ground control can "build" custom coil overs for our cars, or paired struts/shocks/springs.

They use Koni's with custom valving for the car/spring rates.

Cost was about $1,500 when I called a few weeks ago, WITH camber plates.

For the money, GC suspensions cannot be beat, and their MK5 camber plates are the best.

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
For the money, GC suspensions cannot be beat, and their MK5 camber plates are the best.

It really seems that way. Gets me everything I want (linear springs, camber plates, and custom valved shocks/struts) for less than any of the good kits. I paid $1,650 for both my PSS10s and KWV3s for my GTI. R kits are about 2k if I recall.

Boston, have you done any research on the IE camber plates? Thoughts?
http://www.performancebyie.com/integrated-engineering-adjustable-camber-plates-for-mk5-mk6-chassis

miamirice

Ready to race!

:word: $1250 I recall. Shortened body and custom valve (950R/650F)

miamirice

Ready to race!
These are 8041's and I love them. I use them on a 2200lbs civic. I have not even adjusted them as I have no complaints right out of the box. I am a person who only has experience up to about the $2400 Mark with suspension but think these are more "fluid" than HKS hypermax I have on another car.

If I were buying for the mkv I think I would either go this route or S3's. I have heard great things from s3 users.

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
These are 8041's and I love them. I use them on a 2200lbs civic. I have not even adjusted them as I have no complaints right out of the box. I am a person who only has experience up to about the $2400 Mark with suspension but think these are more "fluid" than HKS hypermax I have on another car.

If I were buying for the mkv I think I would either go this route or S3's. I have heard great things from s3 users.

forgive me, but S3?

New to the "custom" suspension world.

Thanks.