GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Queen's Cupra 1.4 TSI DSG vs DarkX's GTI Edition 30 DSG

queen

~Nassia~
Car(s)
Seat Ibiza Cupra Mk5
Last night I raced my boyfriend's GTI ED30 DSG on a 50-130 mph roll, after my stage 3 hybrid map to see my gains against a k04 DSG.

In 5th gear I have a DSG power cut which is a known issue.
DarkX wins by a little over a car.

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
The gain is about +3 cars to 110 and probably another +2 to 130 mph compared to stage 2 (FBO stock turbo). That's like a bus length gain, probably a little more if it wasn't for the DSG power cut on 5th which never occured back in stage 2 because there wasn't enough torque to trigger DSG protection. I'm sure without the power cut our result would've been closer than a car. :thumbsup:

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
That K04 on the Ibiza is the one from the Leon Cupra 1.8T? Little car has good power.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Didn't know you two were a couple. Fun runs.

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Didn't know you two were a couple. Fun runs.
Thanks. Yup. We were thinking about selling both our cars and getting an evo because we could use the extra space and we like evo's, of course we'd tune that too... bt would be nice :biggrin: But we need 2 cars where we live so the idea went out the window. Another idea that would work would be to just sell mine, get the evo so we'd have a little car and a 4 door sedan but the problem is my car alone wouldn't pay enough. So we're not doing anything, stick with our cars and tune both and see how it goes. Now that her car is finally (almost) finished just need to sort out the dsg power cuts, I'm gonna get back to tuning mine.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
This thread would be even better with pics of OP.

:bow: Show some respect for your Queen dammit! :drinking:

Loe the passion....keep boosting Q :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Thanks. Yup. We were thinking about selling both our cars and getting an evo because we could use the extra space and we like evo's, of course we'd tune that too... bt would be nice :biggrin: But we need 2 cars where we live so the idea went out the window. Another idea that would work would be to just sell mine, get the evo so we'd have a little car and a 4 door sedan but the problem is my car alone wouldn't pay enough. So we're not doing anything, stick with our cars and tune both and see how it goes. Now that her car is finally (almost) finished just need to sort out the dsg power cuts, I'm gonna get back to tuning mine.
Have you thought of DM's tune so you could change your 330bhp to 330whp? I like both of your cars BTW :thumbsup:

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR

Don't you dare to sell that Cupra :paddle:

...or if you do, I call dibs on the wheels :biggrin:
But all in serious, my wife and I have contemplated several times the option of selling both cars and buying something a little more practical and powerful, but having two great cars always wins the argument

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Have you thought of DM's tune so you could change your 330bhp to 330whp? I like both of your cars BTW :thumbsup:
Thanks man! Well over here Revo advertizes about 370 bhp for their stage 2+ but I've heard they charge the software upgrade. I may end up getting the same tune as our Cupra (e-tuners) after a talk I had with the owner who's interested in developing a very strong tune for my car when I'm done. I'm after 400 bhp which is about 350 whp with all bolt ons including w/m. Right now at stage 1, the differences between tunes are negligible, most ED30's and S3's I know on stage 1 are between 320 and 330 bhp regardless of tune, so for now I'm keeping Revo and I'm just waiting until I start getting my bolt-ons and see about the tune. Once I get a tbe I'll think about what tune to go with.

Don't you dare to sell that Cupra :paddle:

...or if you do, I call dibs on the wheels :biggrin:
But all in serious, my wife and I have contemplated several times the option of selling both cars and buying something a little more practical and powerful, but having two great cars always wins the argument
Nope we're definitely not selling after all we went through! You know it's fun when we go for a ride with both cars, you should see how much we drag attention this way. We often race other cars while we're at it. Usually though we get in the same car, either hers or mine. :wink: