GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to Turbo

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
Do i need to get a boost gauge, air/fuel gauge and a turbo timer for my car i am buying things before i get my car it will be here hopefully soon. I have never owned anything turbo so if you could help me out i would be very thankful. thanks alot.

sorry if the question seems dumb :confused:

nathan

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
You don't have to, but a lot like to. If you are changing the engine any or messing with the PSI I recommend it. Plus they look cool. :thumbsup:

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
have you done them yet and if so what do you think looks the best in the car and were should i locate them i am also getting black magic.

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
Don't worry about the gauges just yet. There are limited options for power at the moment anyways.

Get a chip, get lowered, maybe an exhaust, and then maybe get a gauge.

There are no real good mounting solutions yet, but there soon will be.

42nd draft designs will probably release an a-pillar pod which looks nice, there will probably be a center dash/vent 3 gauge pod available soon, and I think there is a steering wheel pod coming soon too. Some people have already replaced the radio w/single din units and the extra space can mount a few gauges. The Audi A3 also has a vent gauge mount that will probably be out for the mk5's too(awetuning).

The boost gauge is nice to have, but it's only really useful if there is something wrong. EGT and oil temp/pressure gauges would be good follow on gauges depending on what you want, but really.....none of them are necessary at this time.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I think the top vent is a waste and would love a gauge cluster pod there. The a pillar probably won't be a good thing since your air bag is there. I plan on getting a boost gauge soon basicaly cause they look nice and since I have never had a turbo car I would like to watch that gauge. Just me.

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
i found a company on the web that places the gauges under the radio and they are carbonfiber. it would be for 2 gauges and be placed between the 2 shit handles on the middle consule. i will try to find the site again and post it