GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ipod connection kit

MKBoulder

Ready to race!
Any of you guys set up an ipod econnection kit ? I understand that it connects directly to the back of the unit... Anyone done a DIY on it or iks a dealer job.

Thanks

Michael

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
from my understanding the ipod connection is down already and is in glovebox that is what the salesman told me but i didnt check it.

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Is the Ipod connection only come stock on the Headunit with the Navi.

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
no i dont think so because the car i drove and ex or sat. i cant remember but the connection was in the glovebox.

Lellobeetle

Go Kart Newbie
I have this kit. There are some installation threads with pics over at VWVortex. I was disappointed that the kit knocks out the satellite capability. It plugs into the only available plug in the back of the stock headunit, and that's where the sat plugs as well. I understand there's some sort of pass-through connector that can be had, and I guess I'm going to have to get that.

On my previous gti, I had an aftermarket HU and had RCA plugs connected to the Aux In at the back of the unit. Here's a pic:

This had no distortion and the sound was great. The only probably was that it didn't charge, but I bought a charger and could hook up that way, only that meant a conglomeration of cords.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Is this the plug you might be talking about? I t is in the glove box behinde where you put you owners manual. If so what's to install? Just plug it in and you are done. I think though that on some models there is a 12volt outlet that covers this up.