GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Pcv delete problems

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
I did rear Pcv delete a few months ago when i put my 42dd catch can setup on. I'm going to be selling it now so I put the Pcv back on and now my car idles like crap an will barely stay running? Any ideas? I thought that rear one was jus redundant

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
I removed the valve from the pipe. When I pulled the Catch can setup off an put the stock Pcv back on it runs like shit

michail77

Go Kart Champion
It sound like either a massive air leak or perhaps a problem with the PCV. I think the rear breather hose is fine.

Was the gasket between the valve cover and PCV in place? Any cracks or issues with the hoses?

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Brand new engine. Put the catch can setup on an the car runs fine. Pcv was fine when I took it off. Put it on an it idles like shit. Somehow the Pcv must've gone bad in the 2 months it sat off the car

Mcdubbin33

Car(s)
TRMKVGTI
Happened to me, had to get a new check valve in the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michail77

Go Kart Champion
Brand new engine. Put the catch can setup on an the car runs fine. Pcv was fine when I took it off. Put it on an it idles like shit. Somehow the Pcv must've gone bad in the 2 months it sat off the car

That is very odd. Perhaps something got inside of it?

I guess it could be the rear breather but some cars prior to 2007 didn't have check valves in them.