GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED head light idea

LiloGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI 4 door
So I plan on cracking open my headlights to paint the inside black and was thinking about how i shouldn't black out the turn signal since there are reflectors. however i thought of an idea of it i just installed a bright amber LED strip in the bulbs place to cover that whole bottom section of the headlight turn signal than i can paint that section black. Has anyone done this before or have any idea if i would need a load resistor? i think i will but i'm not sure. i think it would look amazing. I just want to see what people think. I will post pictures once i paint them and install led strips. However i'm going to start thinking of how i can do this before i paint. I dont want to crack open the headlights twice. I may try to find a mk5 headlight for cheap on craigslist than break it open and see how it works and see if this is possible.

LiloGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI 4 door
yeah. im just wondering what LED strip to get and if i would need a resistor for it. I am going to get a mk5 gti headlight to see how easy it is and how i can plan everything out. im going to make a video as well for people.

MeLikeBigBoom

Car(s)
HPA Mk5 R32
yeah. im just wondering what LED strip to get and if i would need a resistor for it. I am going to get a mk5 gti headlight to see how easy it is and how i can plan everything out. im going to make a video as well for people.

Looking forward to the video! :thumbup:

Coastie3708

Ready to race!
You mean like this? :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_5022.jpg
    IMG_5022.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 1,032
  • IMG_2398.jpg
    IMG_2398.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,031
  • IMG_2850 copy.jpg
    IMG_2850 copy.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 1,025

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
I did the color match part... gotta take them apart again tho. Got about 2 yrs outta them, before the paint started bubbling this summer. Thinking this time I will do it with high temp brake caliper paint instead.

LiloGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI 4 door
I love that idea for that led strip pictures you posted where did you get those? I haven't attempted this yet since i just got back to school.

Coastie3708

Ready to race!
The strips are a custom build and over 100 individual LEDs in each strip. I am going for the Audi DRL look. The white will be on in place of the white bulb underneath the headlight and then when I activate the turn signal, it will shut off and the turn signal will activate.

Coastie3708

Ready to race!
update.

New pictures! Can't wait to install them :)

Attachments

• IMG_5609-1.jpg
    IMG_5609-1.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_8331.jpg
    IMG_8331.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_3836.jpg
    IMG_3836.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 514