GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Roof lining is falling off.

Avanor

Ready to race!
Dealership said they will replace it for $375 with OEM stuff and a guarantee. Do you guys think that's a good deal?

I'm not really sure where else I could go to get this fixed. :frown:

If anyone knows somewhere in Orlando, FL let me know! :D

09WHTGTI

VW Afficiando
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Got any pics of the headliner?

Avanor

Ready to race!
Kinda hard to tell but its open all around the console up top and it sags all the way back to the lights for the back seat and to the sides.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Take it up with VWoA. There have been several others in your boat, and at least some have wound up covered as an act of good will. It's worth a try!

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Very interesting, I have an 08 GTI, no sunroof, and my headliner is coming loose the same. Kinda pissed as car is not even 4 yrs old. I live in SC, I think the hot humid weather probably contributes. Going to see if dealer or VWofA will help out. This sort of thing shouldn't happen for 10 years at least.

Vbelisle

Ready to race!
Take it up with VWoA. There have been several others in your boat, and at least some have wound up covered as an act of good will. It's worth a try!

This is what happened with me also, I took it to the dealer and they did it as good faith repair its worth checking with your dealer first then call VWoA

Avanor

Ready to race!
Yea I guess I didn't get lucky. I wrote them a letter and today I got the response saying "tough luck you're out of warranty" :(

I'm hoping someone knows if im getting ripped off for $375 at the stealership. anyone?

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
Same here, went to dealer, he popped his head in, said "yep, its commin' down, you are out of warranty, but since these are a problem, we will warranty it"
It was fixed in two days. So go to another dealer.

09WHTGTI

VW Afficiando
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Very interesting, I have an 08 GTI, no sunroof, and my headliner is coming loose the same. Kinda pissed as car is not even 4 yrs old. I live in SC, I think the hot humid weather probably contributes. Going to see if dealer or VWofA will help out. This sort of thing shouldn't happen for 10 years at least.

Agreed. Cars are NOT built in the 1970's anymore.

Edit: Listen to the poster in front of me. Take it to the dealer and see what happens!

Last edited:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Mine was doing that and me and a buddy used that spray glue they use to wrap subwoofer boxes and smoothed it out and works for now. I'm not dripping $350 as per what I was quoted at dealer for a headliner, no thanks.

Fabidavis_510

Euro Blast Gang
Car(s)
2006 GLI DSG
damn this happened to me too. shit is retarded, I'm going to just spay it with glue and save some cash

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

Avanor

Ready to race!
Cool, I guess I'll give that a try! lol. Any tips on how to get it to look nice where the console is? When I try to smooth it out by hand it doesn't reach anymore. It's like a 1 inch gap.

Fabidavis_510

Euro Blast Gang
Car(s)
2006 GLI DSG
Cool, I guess I'll give that a try! lol. Any tips on how to get it to look nice where the console is? When I try to smooth it out by hand it doesn't reach anymore. It's like a 1 inch gap.

stretch that liner bro

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI