GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge Diverter Valve Spacer

MAlby7

Oval Newbie

Yet another first for the Volkswagen and Audi Tuning Market from Forge ! With the introduction of the VAG 2.0 litre FSi Turbo Engine, and the procurement of our own development/project car, we have developed a Patented Atmospheric Blow-Off Valve adapter specifically designed to fit this application. Simple in execution, yet offering the desirable atmospheric blow-off valve sound, this product has been designed to be fully compatible with the Bosch ME9 engine management systems employed on the following vehicles: Audi A3 2.0T FSI Audi B7 A4 2.0T FSI Volkswagen MK5 Golf GTI/Jetta GLI 2.0T FSI.

Click here for a little movie Clip:
http://homepage.mac.com/duke13/.Movies/BLOWOFF.mov

http://www.zippyvideos.com/9384021923667756/forge_spacer

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
All it does is vent the excess air out into the atmosphere. Instead of your diverter valve blowing the excess air back into the intake manifold, the forge spacer causes atmosphere venting and therefore you hear it more. i would assume that this device will also prolong the life of your turbo because the hot air doesn't get sent back to it.

jeromy

Passed Driver's Ed
Besides the sound effects, does this blowoff valve have any kind of performance effect at all, either increase or decrease in performance? Im not to sure I really want to increase the sound of my turbo, but if it can give a positive performance boost I would do it.

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
jeromy said:
Besides the sound effects, does this blowoff valve have any kind of performance effect at all, either increase or decrease in performance? Im not to sure I really want to increase the sound of my turbo, but if it can give a positive performance boost I would do it.

I'm almost 100% sure it won't give you any performance gains or decrease performance either. What it might do is send less hot air to your turbo and therefore prolong its life.

Flt93

Passed Driver's Ed
Heh thats kinda neat that A3 sounds just like super tuned turbo engine sound :D So without this diverter spacer you just don't hear the blowoff sound (psshhh) at all?

EK_Turbo

Ready to race!
MAlby7 said:
All it does is vent the excess air out into the atmosphere. Instead of your diverter valve blowing the excess air back into the intake manifold, the forge spacer causes atmosphere venting and therefore you hear it more. i would assume that this device will also prolong the life of your turbo because the hot air doesn't get sent back to it.

I was thinking thiis begs the question tho whether this might actually make the car lose a little bit of power :iono: Maybe the stock system recirculates excess air for a reason instead of venting atmospherically? Or maybe VW designed it that way so people don't get turned off by the blow off valve sound? Your thoughts guys?

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
EK_Turbo said:
I was thinking thiis begs the question tho whether this might actually make the car lose a little bit of power :iono: Maybe the stock system recirculates excess air for a reason instead of venting atmospherically? Or maybe VW designed it that way so people don't get turned off by the blow off valve sound? Your thoughts guys?

I would say it's most likely that VW designed it that way so people don't get turned off by the sound. Think of any factory turbo car. None of them have blow off valves because only a true car enthusiast would like that sound. For example I showed my girlfriend the A3 movieclip with the forge spacer and all she could say was "isn't that sound annoying?".

Non car enthusiasts just don't understand.:thumbdown:

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
EK_Turbo said:

Supposedly Forge (makers of this part) has said they have dynos showing that there's no power loss, but I don't think anybody has seen those dynos. I think Malby is probably right about the reason behind recirculating the excess air on the stock turbo.

deadhead

Ready to race!
MAlby7 said:
I would say it's most likely that VW designed it that way so people don't get turned off by the sound. Think of any factory turbo car. None of them have blow off valves because only a true car enthusiast would like that sound. For example I showed my girlfriend the A3 movieclip with the forge spacer and all she could say was "isn't that sound annoying?".

I'm a hardcore car enthusiast, and I find the sound annoying. But, whatever floats your boat...

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
deadhead said:
I'm a hardcore car enthusiast, and I find the sound annoying. But, whatever floats your boat...

Ya but you're 53 years old. LOL just kidding. You have to be a kid at heart and love the turbo sound to get one of these spacers.

EK_Turbo

Ready to race!
MAlby7 said:

Thanks for response. I hope you're right. Is this valve adjustable in any way? That sound clip actually is a bit loud even for my taste.. think there's any way to adjust how much air gets vented or recirculated?