GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AC Temperature Motor Blew

mash360

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone!
So as soon as the summer heat really started to get to me I tried using my AC after months of no use, and no matter where I turn the temperature dial (MANUAL climate controls, not dual zone) the TEMPERATURE stays the SAME. Turns out my "Temperature Regulator Flap Motor" or 01271 or V68 is FAULTY... And it just so happens that after weeks of searching no one really seems to have a problem with this motor but the other ones... If anyone has gone through the trouble of having this same problem or knows anything about it please help me I'd hate to have to take this to a shop!

Thanks in advance,
James

Last edited:

mash360

Passed Driver's Ed
I set an appointment with a local shop for a diagnostic test just to buy my time here on the forum... if no one knows then

MODERATOR DELETE ON MONDAY 7/24/17

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Temp regulator motor R&R, link will expire after 24 hrs.

:

:

:

Last edited:

mash360

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to revive this waste of a thread but the motor in this procedure seems to be the fan speed motor as when I turn the fan sped knob, the arm moves. Also, it moves regardless of what temperature I have the knob set to. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
James

Attachments

• MKV Temperature Regulator Bracket.png
    MKV Temperature Regulator Bracket.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 256
  • MKV Temprature Regulator Bracket Removal.png
    MKV Temprature Regulator Bracket Removal.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 253
  • MKV Temperature Regulator Motor.png
    MKV Temperature Regulator Motor.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 340

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
How did you come up with the 01271 Dtc to begin with? What temp was the air coming out at?

mash360

Passed Driver's Ed
The air is coming out pretty hot, and doesn't change regardless of how much I turn the temp knob in either direction. The ecu was scanned and thats the AC code it came up with. When I checked out the motor in those pictures, there was a plastic arm that was moving in correlation with the fan speed.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Do you have access to Vcds? If so you can go in control module 08 HVAC and then measuring blocks 012. Then you can watch the fields as you rotate switch and see what the V68 is doing.

If I have temp switch set to 80°F and fan set high I have the following results.

Current 226 Specified 225 cold stop 35 warm stop 225

Temp set to 64 and fan set to high

Current 30 specified 35 cold stop 35 warm stop 225