GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Starting my PM3 install soon...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Picked up my 40amp fuse holder, wire, and connectors in prep for the Torqbyte PM3. Going to get the power wire ran from the battery to the fuel tank-pump under the rear seat, leaving out the fuse of course, so I can install the PM3 when it arrives. The PM3 will double the amps driving the tank pump so the thing will stop starving itself. Check out the gauge in wire difference from the oem PulseWidthModulator and the PM3 PowerModule in the pic I included of another person's install.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WUWdy7]

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
That's my old install pic [emoji1360]

I've made everything look much more professional since then
I have to thank you for your thread and help again. Yeah, I know you have since incorporated the plug-n-play harness...and your pic looked very familiar when I copied it. My plan is to get in the PM3 and let the oem lpfp give me all it's got. When it is done or I see a deficiency in it...I'll upgrade the lpfp with the TTRS if it fits, or the 265 LPH by Quantum or the DW65v.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Excellent, this seems like the right direction to go in.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Question: which route did you run your +Pos wire from the battery, or accessory bar(forward of the fuse compartment) left of the battery(right if facing the battery) which is where I'm going to attach mine? If you attached to an existing stereo-amp wire...was it run for the amp along the driver-side floor trim?

I was originally thinking of crossing the engine bay to go along the fuel lines. But, after looking at it yesterday I find no real good way to hide the +wire completely. Now it looks like going inside at the driver's side and tucking it along the floor trim to the rear seat is best.

larcic

Ready to race!
I went along the driver's side door trim for my stereo. it was easy

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I have to thank you for your thread and help again. Yeah, I know you have since incorporated the plug-n-play harness...and your pic looked very familiar when I copied it. My plan is to get in the PM3 and let the oem lpfp give me all it's got. When it is done or I see a deficiency in it...I'll upgrade the lpfp with the TTRS if it fits, or the 265 LPH by Quantum or the DW65v.

I ran an OEM LPFP for 4 years with my K04 with an aggressive tune that required water meth and pump provided just fine. My opinion is that with a K04 and a BPY motor like ours an OEM fuel pump will meet demands just fine. I tracked my car many times, never any issues.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I went along the driver's side door trim for my stereo. it was easy
Great thanks...just the info I'm seeking. I just need to look for best access from the engine bay into the interior.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I ran an OEM LPFP for 4 years with my K04 with an aggressive tune that required water meth and pump provided just fine. My opinion is that with a K04 and a BPY motor like ours an OEM fuel pump will meet demands just fine. I tracked my car many times, never any issues.

I think it will do fine. It ran fine for years with my first giac-K04 HO tune. When I ran the second DM K04+ tune for a couple years is when fueling became an issue...and now, since returning to the giac-K04 HO tune again, it's still having issues. A good working oem pump with the PM3 should provide plenty of pressure.

I plan to keep boost where it should be...but if I decide to experiment and add a bit more WG preload...it would be nice to see the fueling not fall flat on its face.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion

Here's a more recent pic.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Great thanks...just the info I'm seeking. I just need to look for best access from the engine bay into the interior.

Right behind the battery there is an OEM rubber grommet in the firewall. That's where I ran everything from the engine bay to the cabin. There's already some wires going through it, very easy to stretch where the existing wires go and run whatever you need along with them. I'll take a picture in just a little bit here.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion

Damn man, that looks good! So is the PM3 the end all be all for the low side solution? Trying to get all my ducks in a row for when we get our BT setup going. I keep going back and forth on just getting something like the USP drop in solution or a piggy back like the PM3. We are only shooting for around 400whp.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

That's sweet....you ran your +wire back along the drivers side, yes? Did you just tuck the +wire under the trim all the way back, or did you remove trim? Thank you again.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Right behind the battery there is an OEM rubber grommet in the firewall. That's where I ran everything from the engine bay to the cabin. There's already some wires going through it, very easy to stretch where the existing wires go and run whatever you need along with them. I'll take a picture in just a little bit here.
I would really appreciate that. I was looking at it this morning. There are two bundles of wire-harness going through the f-wall behind the battery at about level with the top of the battery...is that it?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
OK...I tried feeding a bit of bailing wire through the hole behind and near the top of the battery that has two bundles going through the firewall. Didn't work, so I looked under the dash and discovered there's an easier access hole down lower with one large bundle of wires coming through it. Went back out and removed the battery and box. Found the rubber seal with the lg. bundle. Took a pick and poked through the rubber seal and fed the bailing wire through it...connected my 10AWG to the wire and pulled it through the firewall. Began tucking the wire under the driver's side door trim and Voila! I reached the rear seat. Put it all together and away and will order the Torqbyte PM3 soon.

I do have some pics to post but I am done for the day...yes, bcuz old! Hot! ...and Cranky!