GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

petrol refill light help needed

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
bare in mind that my car is not a GTI. i understand that when u have only 7 litres left, the petrol refill light comes on, u get a chime and the PLEASE REFUEL warning comes on.

i am currently trying to see this in action. i have about 1/7 (or 1/8) left of fuel. is this PLEASE REFUEL feature just on the higher models?

dont really want to risk this in case i dont have that feature and i get to zero fuel. then im stuck!

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Make sure you have portable 5 gallon gas tank in your car when you try this.

newtogolf

i just wanna make sure everything works in the car. i mean EVERYTHING, seeing as its a new car. might be worth doing a few ESP swerve tests lol.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
my god! finally someone who has the same car as me! haha! its the same colour too!

thats mine..

newtogolf

at last im not the only non-GTI member! i got a 3 door one.

Last edited:

GTI2007

newtogolf said:
bare in mind that my car is not a GTI. i understand that when u have only 7 litres left, the petrol refill light comes on, u get a chime and the PLEASE REFUEL warning comes on.

i am currently trying to see this in action. i have about 1/7 (or 1/8) left of fuel. is this PLEASE REFUEL feature just on the higher models?

dont really want to risk this in case i dont have that feature and i get to zero fuel. then im stuck!

I have a base mk4 Golf SDI and this has a low fuel light and warning. So why would every mk5 Golf don't have this??

400th post :thumbup:

Accel

Rally Car Champion
The warning light on the GTI is annoying as hell, the top section of the trip computer flashes on and off with a big yellow refill icon, its distracting, but I dont forget to fill up.

Newcastle

Drag Racing Champion
My GTI please refuel light comes on just about when I am on the second to the fullest red bar if that makes any sense.. What I mean is as the fuel guage goes down - the please refuel comes on at the second red one it comes to.

newtogolf

yeah it came on round about the 2nd pointer (ignoring the bottom one)

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Accel said:
The warning light on the GTI is annoying as hell, the top section of the trip computer flashes on and off with a big yellow refill icon, its distracting, but I dont forget to fill up.

I guess that's the point :iono: