GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removing rear VW logo hatch??

cmyoung777

How do I remove the VW emblem latch on the back that flips in to open the trunk of my 07 gti?
I want to paint it black but I have no idea how to take that thing off so i can paint it lol

Help is greatly appreciated! :D

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
Your rear badge flips in? Wtf lol sounds cool!

dave80

Go Kart Champion
How do I remove the VW emblem latch on the back that flips in to open the trunk of my 07 gti?
I want to paint it black but I have no idea how to take that thing off so i can paint it lol

Help is greatly appreciated! :D

there is a pry bar diy somewhere in here. Use the search function to find it.

mkvgtiiiii

AntiAir Revolution
Car(s)
static

Rude Jr

Drummer for Subject 16
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, Mk2 TT RS
You stick a credit card in there to get started then find like a butter knife or something haha that's just what I did. Be careful tho...

RedLine GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
yea thats the easiest way to do it. If you remove it then you need to get 3m tape and stick it back on...just tape around it enough so you have room for over spray. are you using plasti dip or paint?

RedLine GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Don't sand it, just clean it off real good. i suggest plasti dipping it. Go to home depot and pick up a can. That way if you don't like the way it looks you can peel it off and no harm to the emblem/car. I see you new to the for but just search plasti dip and you will see what people have done with it. Also you tube it and you can see how easily it is to remove if you don't like it.

Ill post a pic up tomorrow of mine if you want.

rabbit6409

GTI rollinn
Car(s)
07 Cw GTi

jsof

Ready to race!
taping it is a pain in the ass geting tape in all the tight corners ect..
best way to do it would be to take it off, i have seached many times with no success.

I was able to pry the VW emblem and backing from the boot mechanism, but once off could not work out how to remove the emblem from the black backing??

if anyone with some experiance could hellp out that would be much appreciated from me aswell! Bump!!