wireb

Just a noob with a welder
So far up to 4 takers
Me (wireb)
GTI Fahrenheit
nhbubba
Golfdubcrazy

2 more and I will send out the order :)
Feel free to spread the word to any other forums if you think they may be interested.

wireb

wireb: I posted a brief description and links to this thread on the Hardware forum of Mp3car.com. Hopefully we can get more people over.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/hardware-development/

Thanks much GTI hopefully we will get the last 2 we need. I am going to run downstairs and grab the source files and take them with me on this trip. If we get enough this week I will be able to send out for the raw cards and they will hopefully be sitting here when I get back :)

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Man wireb, I haven't been on this thread in a while, great to see you're making progress.

I'd be interested myself, but I do have to ask, do I have to program the board and such myself? I have NO idea how to do so. If you can help me out with programming it, then count me in for sure.

ludo

Car(s)
Golf GTI 2009
I would very interested , but I have no clue on how to program or put together the hardware :iono:, having said this if you would be able to direct me , count me in. Pls let me know where I should wire u the money.

Thx

Ludo

wireb

Option #2 and #3 would come with programed chips (just have to let me know which program you want.)

Option #3 would have all parts needed to put one together. I will also have some almost step by step instructions for the build. (ie 1.) install 10k resistors in locations R55, R65 ect)

You WILL need to know how to solder and have the tools to do it with. The entire card is pin though hole so should be relatively easy to put together with just about any normal 40W - 80W iron.

Hopefully I answered your questions darcness and ludo. Let me know if your still interested and I can add you to the list.

wireb

So far up to 5 takers
who option firmware
Me (wireb) 3 Dump
GTI Fahrenheit
nhbubba 1 n/a
Golfdubcrazy
darcness 3

1 more and I will send out the order :)
Feel free to spread the word to any other forums if you think they may be interested.

wireb

GTI, nhbubba, golfdub, darcness

post a quick message and let me know which option for parts you want
1 = just a raw card, 2 = raw card + micro, 3 = raw card + all parts (see above post for guestamate on prices)
Anyone wanting option 2 or 3 also let me know what initial firmware load you want Dump or Buttons.
Also let me know what method you want for shipping (and a zip code / country PM if you don't want to post to all) I will try and get shipping costs figured out as well.

Dump = everything on the bus gets spit out in raw hex with some padding.
Buttons = just button presses in nice ASCII text with formatting. (ex BU1[CR][LR] for the first button more details on the button numbering later. note the U is for unknown once we discover the message that tells what page the display is on there will be a one character code there indicating the page when the button was pressed. )

Shipping is your choice. If you want to pay for next day I can do both USPS and UPS (no fedex around me). Worst case USPS priority mail would be 4.95 for a small flat rate box. Raw card only should be under $2 for normal mail unless I messed up punching numbers in.

Final price option 1 will be $15 + shipping just got the final quote from the card house for 6 raw cards.
Options #2 and #3 will vary depending on how many folks want which one. Once I get responses from everyone I will get a quote from Digikey with shipping and verify everyone is ok with it before placing the order.

If Ludo decides to go for it I hope to place the orders on wed / thurs so everything gets delivered before the weekend. That way its ready once I get back to town. Once parts arrive I will need a day to build up mine and verify it work ok. Once that is done I should be able to send out the kits the next business day (post office and UPS are on my way to work)

GTI_Fahrenheit_859

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'07 GTI
I'll happily take option 3 with firmware buttons. shipped to zip 85331.

Thank you sir for organizing all of this. :)

Darkside

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf V
You could also make an option 4 where you do all the soldering for the people who have no idea what they are doing :thumbsup:

I'm currently considering whether I should go with #1, but I already have a CANUSB....

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
nhbubba 1 n/a

Sorry. I meant that the BOM and schematics you've posted already will due for docs; you don't need to do anything step by step on my behalf. I am very much interested in a pre-flashed micro.. and would be interested in splitting the costs of parts.. and having you do the legwork ordering them.

So I am in for a #3 package setup to do RAW dumps.

Code:
nhbubba 3 dump

This is reflashable you said, no?
We can change the mode to do button mode later, no?

Cheapest/slowest shipping method works for me. It's too cold to play under the dash right now anyway.

Edit: Paypal works, right?

Last edited:

wireb

This is reflashable you said, no?
We can change the mode to do button mode later, no?

Cheapest/slowest shipping method works for me. It's too cold to play under the dash right now anyway.

Edit: Paypal works, right?

Yep it will be reflashable in circuit. Only catch is if you try and flash a bad image or interrupt power during the page copy (takes about 15s and the perl script warns you when it is happening) the flash will get corrupted. Once corrupted the only way to fix it is to put it on a hardware programmer and redo the inital code.

That said I have only corrupted the code once and that was my own fault when I tried to load a bad image.