GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock tire suprised me

destroyboredom

Autocross Newbie
I was suprised to find Bridgestone Potenza RE050 on my new GTI. I've read about alot of people getting Continental all seasons.

The only downside here is that I live in New England and I'm not sure how these will do in snow. I imagine not that great. I had Toyo Proxy all seasons on my MKIV and those were good in snow.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The Continentals are gonna have to go.... no traction when you step on it in second. Pirreli P-zero neros are the way to go for performance all season tires when it comes to snow.

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
Accel said:
17" come with the all-season Conti's, the 18"s come with the Bridgestone summer tires.

Actually some cars are equipped w/ 17" wheels are shipped with All-seasons, and others with Summer/Performance tires. It's a "no-cost" option and I'm not sure if it based on where the car is sold, but here in AZ, my GTI came with the summer/performance tires.

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
we've got the 17 conti's are we're in so cal. i would think summer performance tires are more suitable. actually, all the ones we've seen with the 17 inchers didn't have bridgestones, on the 18's.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
marx92x said:
Actually some cars are equipped w/ 17" wheels are shipped with All-seasons, and others with Summer/Performance tires. It's a "no-cost" option and I'm not sure if it based on where the car is sold, but here in AZ, my GTI came with the summer/performance tires.

Well then thats bullshit, I'm in socal and i got stuck with these shitty all-seasons, I've blown 2 of them in 5,000 miles.