GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

B-Rabbit - 2009 VW Rabbit 2.5

Colonel_Mustard

Passed Driver's Ed
Well these things weren't going to last. They were pulling themselves off, scraped on everything all the time. Its too bad cause I like the look. Thought about cutting them down, but in the end just got rid of them.

No more flaps:

And cause why not, a pic in the rain:

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh

Is it just the picture or does your car have some sort of grommet between the rear window and hatch door?

Also, have you removed the screw and plastic screw nut from the inside of the fender? If you havent, you may wanna take a look at what I'm tkong about a d also bend the fender tab up so you don't catch it on the tire while turning and truly ruin those nice fenders lol

Colonel_Mustard

Passed Driver's Ed
Rear window is all stock so Im not sure what you mean.

Screw has been removed, tab and fender have been hammered in haha. As you can see in the pics the fenders are messed anyway. Was hoping to get them covered under warranty. Already went and had pics taken so hopefully they still honor it when I bring it in like this.

Colonel_Mustard

Passed Driver's Ed
More used deals, APR Carbonio intake:

Install time:

Old:

Installed:

Got a Beetle engine cover used, this is during stripping the old paint off:

Painted, engine bay needs some cleaning, but much better than before:

Colonel_Mustard

Passed Driver's Ed
When I had the rear muffler removed I just had one tip put back on to keep the cost down. Had to fix that:

Budget Bunny needs a budget tip, $20 later:

Needed a little trimming and may still cut it back a little more.

Wanted to bring some bronze to the back, and of course I cant have anything bright on the car:

Much better, just going to tuck it in a little more. This budget thing is a breeze ;)

raincity.nw

Man this build has to be one of my favorites! I love the way you walk through everything! I'm a new proud owner of an MKV rabbit and have always wanted a VW since I was a kid. Haha! Anyways, I love it man! Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colonel_Mustard

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks, I like to tell a full story haha.

The Budget Bunny is pretty well done, just a few small things left.
I will share any thing I do with it over the summer, hope to get out to a few meets and possibly a few of the more laid back shows. She is far from a show car.

Colonel_Mustard

Passed Driver's Ed
Boring update, oil change time. Actually tried one drive through oil change place but was too low. No worries.

Did the VAG-COM DRL disable.
Switched out the switch for a euro one. Many more options than I need, but I just wanted it for the city lights to use as DRLs.

Not the best pics: